Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
where the tails wag
13,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
One of Towhee's kids is going in for surgery. He is desperately sick and the ultrasound saw what appears to be a mass In his abdomen, his abdomen is full of septic fluid.

If you can spare some prayers, he could surely use them.

I don't feel comfortable giving his name but he is a beautiful, vibrant dog and deserves to regain full health.

I have edited the title since Jodie/Loisiana has chimed in - the boy in need is her much loved, talented and beautiful Phoenix.

I say appears to be a mass because when my appendix was blown and spewing poison into my system, the ultrasounds/MRIs etc all showed what looked to be a huge mass .... So I cling to the hope that something similar is going on with him and it is not a true mass.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Sending out positive thoughts for Towhee's child. I hope it's something not too serious and easily treatable.

·
I miss my Buddy
11,531 Posts
Sending many good thoughts and prayers for sweet baby boy.
Please keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
One of Towhee's kids is going in for surgery. He is deperately sick and the ultrasound saw what appears to be a mass In his abdomen, his abdomen is full of septic fluid.

I don't feel comfortable giving his name but he is a beautiful, vibrant dog and deserves to regain full health.

I say appears to be a mass because when my appendix was blown and spewing poison into my system, the ultrasounds/MRIs etc all showed what looked to be a huge mass .... So I cling to the hope that something similar is going on with him and it is not a true mass.
I saw it on Facebook. Him and his mom are in my thoughts. Hopefully the surgery will help.

·
Registered
21,055 Posts
Sending many prayers and good thoughts.

·
Zoinks!!! Ruh Roh Raggy!!
1,478 Posts
One of Towhee's kids is going in for surgery. He is deperately sick and the ultrasound saw what appears to be a mass In his abdomen, his abdomen is full of septic fluid.

Thoughts and prayers are with you guys.

·
where the tails wag
13,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
posted by his owner on Facebook:

One step at a time. He is very very far from being out of the woods but ((he)) made it through surgery. When the vet just called he was still incubated and coming out of anesthesia. He said he would call if anything changed but otherwise to get some sleep and no news is good news until a report in the morning.

·
Registered
17,489 Posts
Positive thoughts and best wishes sent!.

·
where the tails wag
13,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
A partial posting on his GoFundMe site:

... He is far from out of the woods after making it through a very difficult surgery to remove a mass that was caused by fungus from water .

His owner could also definitely use thoughts & prayers as she is having to make extremely difficult decisions based on what the medical team is telling her.

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
It is my Phoenix. My precious, sweet, full of life 2 year old Phoenix who is my heart and soul. Please pray for him. And for me to make the right decisions for him when they need to be made. So far he is hanging in there.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts