Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so Charlie isn't quite a golden, but he's my heart dog! He's a 9 1/2 month old German shepherd. Phoenix is now 14 weeks old in these pics, which means we have had her for a month now! It is amazing how the time flies sometimes!

I think there is a red dog in there somewhere.

I sure wouldn't want to be at the receiving end of either of those sets of teeth!

Attack!

Battle of the pheasant.

Ouch! I don't think that's the pheasant Phoenix.

Mom, help!!

I think all that play tired someone out.

And, finally. The third four-legged member of the family, Friendly. Can't leave him out!

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
They look like a good match for each other and I'm sure they are best buddies. We have another member here that has a golden and GSD pair.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Goldens and GSD's seem to go together. Love that one with them playing bitey face.

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
Cute pics!! Seems to be a popular dog breed combination! And I love your horse too... what a sweet name :)

·
Mom to Cannon
659 Posts
How cute...I love Phoenix....such a cutie!!! :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LucyD-My shepherd just went to the vet last week and at 9 months weighed 80 pounds. He will get larger than the breed standard (which was not what I was looking for when I got him). Although for me it does not matter as he is not registered and I cannot show him. He is my farm dog and comes to work with me at the stables every day during the summer (too young to actually join me on rides yet). They are very loyal and protective, yet not aggressive, dogs when bred correctly. I would not trade him for anything and will always have at least one GSD at all times.

I appreciate all the compliments. I can't wait to watch Phoenix grow up into that gorgeous red color I admire in the breed. I joked one time about a friend having a yellow and white dog (a golden/border collie cross) that matched her palomino and white horse. So who knows, maybe Phoenix will match Friendly someday!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts