Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These pictures are about 2 weeks old, when Phoenix was 12 weeks old. I will have to take some more recent ones tomorrow to add!

Phoenix is doing so well in our household. I couldn't be happier with her! She thinks she is bigger than my German shepherd though and always seems to tackle him when they are playing. She is also excelling at commands already! She is so eager to please that training her is coming easy so far. Her only problem is that she still has accidents in her kennel every once in awhile when both of us are gone during the day. We are still working on that.

Anyways, only two pictures for now as I am on my work computer and that's all that is in my photobucket account. Enjoy!

Head profile

Already doing well on wings!

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Out 7 month old has always thought that he is bigger than our almost 10 y/o German Shepherd and is always jumping all over her! He is almost as tall as her now, though! :doh:

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Sounds like you are off to a great start with Phoenix. She is a real cutie and already an accomplished birder.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
She sounds like she is as smart as she is pretty. Look at her with that birdy doing what she was bred for. You go girlfriend.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the compliments! I can't wait until some of the snow and ice melts around here so I can start her outside on the wings and dummies. I know a couple of tree groves next to the roads where pheasants like to hide that I'd like to bring her by too. Training dogs for what they were bred to do is so much fun!

·
Premium Member
16,423 Posts
Phoenix is an excellent name. The wing shot is awesome.

·
Administrator
16,473 Posts
Phoenix is a god looking little girl. Love the color on her.

Hopefully the accidents will clear up soon. How many hours was she holding it before you got home? Maybe it is just an age issue right now and will clear up as she is still maturing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think the pottying issue was just her young age and a kennel that was just slightly too large for her (I lost the divider). Now that she fits better in it, she hasn't had any accidents. I am also home most of the day now unless I am out training horses so she is let out more often and watched closely when loose inside. We also put her on a more routine feeding schedule which helps alot with knowing when she needs to go outside (I think my fiancee misses feeding her since he works day shifts so he was sneaking her treats before he left for work).:doh:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts