Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Claire
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Phoebe is 3 months old and full of life. We got her from someone who didn't want her. They didn't tell us what kind of food she was on so we went out and bought her what we were told was the best (Taste of the Wild) she was doing very well on it but we were told to switch her to Wellness large breed puppy to slow down her growing or something, we didn't switch it slow enough and she has diarrhea. It isn't bad, not squirting and she seems to be able to control it as she is able to get to the door in time. We have fasted her since last night and just gave her water today which she was not interested in. We gave her a little bit of the taste of the wild and put Diagnostic Aid from Holistic Blend on it and gave her some pure pumpkin. She hasn't been acting any different today other then pooing a little more.
If it continues or gets worse then I will take her to the vet. She has been dewormed and has been checked for parasites so that isn't it. I think it is just the food switching, we will have to be more careful. Is there any other suggestions?

Attachments

·
Yuki's mom...Syd
687 Posts
when switching foods it has to be slow. pups tummy are very sensitive :( anyway i think she will be fine just be careful when switching foods.

·
Registered
926 Posts
A puppy is switched to Adult or an ALS food to slow down growth not the other way around. So... if Phoebe was doing fine on TOTW just leave her on it. Do not switch to puppy food.

When was she tested for worms, parasites? recently? Was she tested for giardia (doesn't always show up. She could have had an eating indiscretion in the yard but unlikely because that usually causes them to drink more.

It's probably the change of food which I wouldn't do. My two cents.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts