Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought one of these today. Logan has been good for awhile. But twice this week he went after dogs. My blow horn broke today. He grabbed and shaked german shepherd. I looked around before I let him out of truck. Didn,t see lady with 2 German shep[herds was at side of building on grass, with dogs loose. The one came running over.

It has a tone and shock settings. Going to start recall training with it. Once he learns that after tone, comes shock. He will come with tone only. Tried it on my leg first. Then on Logan. #4 setting just made him look down. #6 made him say whats going on.

Anyone ever use these. $214 christmas present from Petsmart you could say.

·
Banned
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Failure then success

Sure enough Logan went after another dog today. I walked in other dog direction to test Logan. I didn,t have collar on tight enough. Logan just shook his head when I zapped him. The guy had shock collar on his dog to. He said you have to put it on tight. I let Logan go, he went to go after dog again, and it worked. The dog bit me when I was grabbing Logan.

After I tried once on both of them call back. After one try Triton only has to hear tone and he comes.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts