Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve spent the past weekend researching pet insurances I’ve read through old threads on here and have narrowed it down pretty much to Pets Best, Figo and Embrace. I’m 90 % sure I want to go with Pets Best. I have a 6 year old Male golden retriever he has a history of cruciate legimate tear in one leg so any coverage for that is out, as well as I think the vet recently added to his medical records arthritis. I’m learning towards Pets Best as the premium is $32 a month for 90 % reimbursement and $1,000 deductible. I’ve thought about doing a lower deductible but I just don’t think it makes sense knowing two major things won’t be covered going forward. However, I do like the look of Figo, but I know they are a newer compnay. Any recent input would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
4 Posts
We have pets best. Thankfully we have not had to use it yet though. But the Facebook group I'm in, I've read all good things

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have pets best for both my 7 year old cat and my 3 month old puppy. My only complaint is that the reimbursement turnaround is slow (sometimes up to a month). I’ve never had a claim denied and the actual claim submission process is very easy. If timeliness is a priority for you, I’d go with another insurance, but if it’s not a concern, Pets Best is a pretty good choice.

Edited to add: when you submit a claim, they give you an estimate of how long it might take to process your claim (and it’s usually pretty accurate in my experience).

·
Registered
684 Posts
We have PB too. They've been good. They do take 4 to 6 weeks to process a claim. I don't see that as a problem though. Claim submission is easy too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We have PB too. They've been good. They do take 4 to 6 weeks to process a claim. I don't see that as a problem though. Claim submission is easy too.
I’m glad you’ve had a good experience with them. I’m not really concerned with the processing time. Just want to make sure to choose a good option.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts