Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Rebecca
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm due a work bonus, and iv'e decided to get a portrait done of my little princess, by either oils or pencil, I was wondering if any one has had it's done and is it worth it.

Attachments

·
2 goldens and a BMD
841 Posts
I'd love to have it done, but then I see the price of the artists whose work I like and always decide now isn't the right time. I have however paid for a few photo sessions and have always thought those were worth it.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I had a pencil/watercolor done of my at the Bridge boy, Splash. Its fantastis and we all love it. Still hangs in the foyer with my 'Little Bo Peep' clock, crook etc. (Splash was a Border Collie and we did sheep trials.)
I had it done at the Perry, GA show back in 1999. I am so glad I did.

Cooki

Buzz....big bro
Clover....little sister

·
Registered
236 Posts

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
I just had a portrait done of Savanah and I've had a pointillism done of Chance. I love them both. The artist that did the picture of Chance also uses his image on her cafepress Golden Retriever items. Here's her cafepress page with Chance's image on all the items, (except for the very first picture):

http://www.cafepress.com/two/3438045

Since I let her use his image, I got the picture for a really good price. Also, Savanah's portrait was done as a favor because we let the artist set up on Saturdays in my shop.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Thank you for your compliments, you are too kind! I used to have much more time to paint so only take on occasional commissions now a days, I am looking forward to dedicating a lot more time to it over the summer holidays...it won't come soon enough!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts