Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Poor Miaya, we have had a lot of snow and ice that past week and no body uses pet friendly rock salt around here. We cannot go to far because she starts holding up her paws or just sits there. I have tried to put covers on her feet but she just fights it.:no: Any suggestions?

·
Registered
608 Posts
Dog boots/shoes are the only solution I can think of, perhaps persist a little with them because I have read that it takes a while to get used to for the dog.

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
I just tried the PAWZ - disposible and reusable slip on rubber thingies and they are great. Mr. C wasn't a fan when I first put them on but once we were outside I think he quickly figured out that they help. He was able to do his usual running around at the parkette with no problems at all and for the usual length of time - nearly an hour without lifting his legs once.

·
Registered
13,073 Posts
I think I've heard of people using Vaseline petroleum jully on the paws or Bag Balm. You'd have to make sure to clean them well before going back inside!

Reactions: Miaya's mom

·
Jill -- Maisie's "Mom"
563 Posts
Dog Boots

I got dog boots for my wonderful Sadie -- now gone from us - on-line from L.L. Bean. She didn't like them at first, but after just one or two tries, she wore them with no problem especially since she didn't like snow melting between her pads and turning into ice. They just slip over the paws and Velcro around the "ankles". I was surprised by how well they stay on and that the traction is so good. She did shake one off once. I plan to hand them down to Maisie -- if we ever get any real snow...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts