Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Kate
20,747 Posts
My sister's family went up into Maine and they said the same thing - everyone was very dog friendly. And people could take the dogs out onto the beaches (at certain hours). Most places they ate at allowed dogs on the patios. Only downside was the ticks when they went hiking.

·
Registered
638 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
Just took Oscar and my partner on a wonderful Valentine's Day adventure to the Phineas Swan Bed and Breakfast in northern VT. They truly cater to dogs and you don't feel like you are sleeping in an upscale garage. I few highlights.:

• Signs are in human and dog language
  • You can leave your dog in the room alone and go out
  • There is no upcharge for a pet
  • They provide bowls, a bed, and treats
  • If you are away for a long period of time they will walk your dog for you
  • The breakfast for humans is to die for
  • The rooms are really lovely (quintessential B & B look)
IMG_1758.JPG

There is more... It is a little under an hour from Dog Mountain in VT for those who are planning on attending the annual Golden Retriever Jubilee. There are a bunch of really interesting dining spots right around the B & B. It also about 7 miles from Jay Peak if you are a skier.

I hope your find your way there. We (and Oscar) had a blast!

·
Registered
189 Posts
The Broadmoor Hotel located in Colorado Springs is a wonderful resort that is 100% pro dogs! They provide beds, treats water and feed bowl, doggie sitting, etc. etc. It is a bit pricey, but it is beautiful with lots to do, including things to do with your pup...

41 - 46 of 46 Posts