Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Just wanted to say that I am astonished by the list of places that are dog friendly in other states! Here in MN a dog friendly place is the exception not the rule. Home Depot and Lowe's have always had huge signs posted saying only service animals are allowed and Nordstroms? Not gonna happen in MN. Mall of America staff would chase a dog and owner out in a heartbeat. Until I read this list I had no idea I lived in such a dog unfriendly place! About the only place in MN a dog is welcome are the pet stores and eating establishments with an outdoor seating area...and even many of those won't allow a dog on the patio.

·
Super Moderator Leader
47,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Wanoga Snow Play Area-Bend, Oregon

From Bringfido.com-

https://www.facebook.com/bringfido/?fref=ts

The aptly named Wanoga Snow Play Area is a beautiful spot for Fido to run!
Wanoga Snow Play Area

Wanoga Snow Play Area
Cascade Lakes National Scenic Byway
Bend, OR, US 97701
(541) 383-4000
Deschutes National Forest - Wanoga Snow Play Area

For some wintertime fun with you pup, be sure to visit Wanoga Sno-Park. There are many motorized and non-motorized trails for you and your pooch to enjoy. Dogs must be on leash in the sno-parks and on the sledding hills, but they are allowed off leash on the trails as long as they remain under strict voice control.
Coming from out of town? Get a discounted rate on pet friendly hotels in Bend, or call 877-411-FIDO to speak with one of our pet travel experts!

·
Super Moderator Leader
47,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Dog Paddle Beach-Loves Park, IL

Dog Paddle Beach

Dog Paddle Beach

5329 Forest Hills Ct
Loves Park, IL, US 61111
(815) 978-7644
[email protected]

Hours: by appt
Cost: $25 for 30 minutes
This is a dog swimming facility. Dogs swim for exercise, fun, rehab after an injury or surgery, help with older dogs loosing weight and relief from arthritis. There is an indoor pool so dogs swim year round. Proof of rabies is required.

·
Bentley's mom
2,138 Posts

·
Super Moderator Leader
47,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
This is so sad to me. Not a single beach in Florida represented and we have the coastline running almost entirely around our state.
I've found a dog beach we can go to but it's not very nice in comparison to the actual beaches we go. This area is on the intercostal. :(
My area wasn't on the list either, however several other NC Beaches were.

Feel free to post the places in FL you visit if you want.

·
Kate
21,190 Posts
41. Florida, U.S.

With beaches, theme parks, and tons of tourist activity, Florida is the perfect summertime destination for you and your pup.

^^^ I started laughing when I saw this on one of the above lists. If my dogs barely can deal with temps over 85 degrees... and I know I don't like it that hot... sure bet Florida is NOT a summertime destination. It's a winter one.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Living in the Pacific NW, I have found all of our beaches are pet friendly and the dogs are allowed to run. The town of Manzanita in Oregon is extremely pet friendly.

·
Super Moderator Leader
47,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
The 10 Most Pet-Friendly Campgrounds in the U.S.

https://www.bringfido.com/blog/10-most-pet-friendly-campgrounds-us/

If you and your dog share a love for the outdoors, camping can be one of the most enjoyable activities you do together. Whether you prefer to ruff it in a tent, cozy up in a camper or relax in a cabin, we’re here to help you find the ultimate camping experience for you and your faithful companion. BringFido lists over 4,000 pet-friendly campgrounds and RV parks in the U.S., but we think these 10 will really get your dog’s tail wagging!

·
Super Moderator Leader
47,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Paddle Board Adventures with your Dog

https://www.bringfido.com/blog/dog-friendly-SUP-adventures/

What’s SUP?
A recent article on Forbes noted that stand up paddleboarding (SUP) is the most rapidly growing watersport in the world. Not only is it an easy (sort of) sport, but also one you can enjoy with your dog. All you have to do is stay upright and afloat while propelling yourself and your pooch through the water with a paddle. What makes it more accessible than it’s gnarly older sister, surfing, is that it can be enjoyed on any type of water. If you want Fido to dog paddle(board) with you, call one of these dog-friendly SUP companies.

·
Registered
192 Posts
My husband and I took Leo and my grandma to Newport, Rhode Island over the weekend and it has to be the most dog friendly place I have ever been to!! Most hotels are dog friendly, we went to the cliff walk, then to O'reillys an amazing dog friendly restaurant (with a dog menu) and then the boardwalk! So amazing!! They also have dog friendly vineyards and the cutest dog boutiques. Leo loved all the attention he got this weekend!

Attachments

21 - 40 of 48 Posts