Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't take it. I'm so stressed from these FANS from the water-heater-burst that I literally want to CRYYYY.

I want to pack up and haul off to a hotel NOW. Even though my insurance ajustor STILL hasnt returned a call after two days (and I really need to confirm they'll cover it.... I'm sadly poor.). I'm completely willing to check-in in my PJs.

Alas, I am not quite willing to go from inn-to-inn Joseph-and-Mary style looking for one that's Fluffy-Belles friendly.

So, I google---and the engines I'm trying aren't good at sorting by pets.

Help?????

·
Registered
372 Posts
Have you checked petswelcome.com for listings? Also, if you are on the east coast anywhere between Florida and NY there is a good chance I can help you as I have stayed in many pet friendly hotels with my dogs, traveling home for holidays and such. You can reply with an approximate location or PM me and I'll see if I can help!

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
my friends are in a Holiday Inn with 2 dogs due to pipe to water heater pipe breaking--they were given a doggie treat bag upon check-in. They returned home from a week long trip - dog friendly Motel 6 in various towns.

I feel so sorry for the crew that's packing stuff up in their house! all these heaters on, so much humidity..it was a pleasant 70 today, but unbearable (to me) in their house.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Comfort Suite's allow dog's. I've stayed at two different one's with my dog and was very pleased with them. The one in Oshkosh, WI was great and the one in Springfield, IL was ok.
I've stayed at a Holiday Inn recently in Columbus, Indiana and had to embarrass them into giving me a better room.

My recommendation is Comfort Suite's based on my experience with the chain in the past 4 months.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You are all are AWESOME!!!!

Has anyone ever tried a Microtel? What about the one off Shallowford Rd in Chattanooga?

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
I always stay at La Quinta with the dogs

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
I have stayed at lots of La Quintas with my dogs and have always been treated nicely.
I also stayed at Amerisuites with a dog but I am not sure if they exist anymore.

·
Super Moderator Leader
47,826 Posts
i've stayed at Days Inn and Comfort Inns when traveling with my two. I've never been able to stay at a La Quinta due to the weight limit-apprarently it depends on the location of the hotel because I've read so many members have stayed there.

Here's a link for various hotel chains pet policies-I would also call the hotel to confirm as they sometimes change and the sites aren't always up to date.

Hotel Chain Pet Policies - PetTravel.com

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
Red Roofs, Baymonts and I think Hiltons are all pet friendly as well. I can't afford Hiltons, but I have stayed at Red Roofs and Baymonts with my dogs. I just don't check in with more than one. I stay with more than one but don't check in.

·
Registered
12,628 Posts
I always stay at LaQuintas if at all possible. I have never had an issue with the weight of my dogs or the fact that I have 3 of them. They are very nice and have really comfortable beds (and free breakfast!).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts