Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Thanks! I immediately called my Father because he eats one of the Smuckers Natural brands (there are a couple under that name). I told him to go check it out asap. I have a small bottle in the fridge for the Toby (no sugar, salt or added oil) for when I don't have homemade handy. It's probably not in the recall because it was purchased more than 3 weeks ago.

·
Premium Member
16,435 Posts
Bummer! I have that in the pantry.

·
Premium Member
16,435 Posts
I get a OCD about food without much provocation. Recalls freak me out a little bit- blech.

·
Premium Member
16,435 Posts
Blech means gross in cartoon strips, lol.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks! I immediately called my Father because he eats one of the Smuckers Natural brands (there are a couple under that name). I told him to go check it out asap. I have a small bottle in the fridge for the Toby (no sugar, salt or added oil) for when I don't have homemade handy. It's probably not in the recall because it was purchased more than 3 weeks ago.

You are very welcome, I had read some members on here use that specific brand so I thought it would be a good idea to warn everybody just in case! how do you make homemade peanut butter? it sounds yummy, poor Lady loves it BUT her foster mom told us she gets very itchy and had to be put on benadryl after eating it, so I do not give it to her or Amaya ( Amaya is fine but i just don't want Lady to feel bad). Hugs, Olga.

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
You are very welcome, I had read some members on here use that specific brand so I thought it would be a good idea to warn everybody just in case! how do you make homemade peanut butter? it sounds yummy, poor Lady loves it BUT her foster mom told us she gets very itchy and had to be put on benadryl after eating it, so I do not give it to her or Amaya ( Amaya is fine but i just don't want Lady to feel bad). Hugs, Olga.
I need to give Toby, my father and myself "pure" peanut butter, with no sugars, salts or oils. There are unsalted dry roasted peanuts sold by Planters and grocery stores (I go to Kroger). I put about a cup in my food processor and blend away until they are soft and creamy. I take that out and put it in a small container, then put another batch in and process. Eventually I have 3 containers of freshly processed peanut butter. The taste is out of this world good. I didn't like peanuts until I started making this for Toby. I tasted this and was hooked. I gave my Dad some and he was hooked!

Or....you could go to a natural grocery store that has bulk peanuts, select some and put it in their machine! I always worry about the sanitary conditions there though.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I need to give Toby, my father and myself "pure" peanut butter, with no sugars, salts or oils. There are unsalted dry roasted peanuts sold by Planters and grocery stores (I go to Kroger). I put about a cup in my food processor and blend away until they are soft and creamy. I take that out and put it in a small container, then put another batch in and process. Eventually I have 3 containers of freshly processed peanut butter. The taste is out of this world good. I didn't like peanuts until I started making this for Toby. I tasted this and was hooked. I gave my Dad some and he was hooked!

Or....you could go to a natural grocery store that has bulk peanuts, select some and put it in their machine! I always worry about the sanitary conditions there though.

OHHHHH it sounds so good!! I think I am gonna try it next week!! My MIL loves loves loves peanut butter, so I am gonna make it for her since they are coming to spend Thanksgiving weekend with us!!
Thank You so much!! Hugs, Olga.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts