Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's 4 something in the AM and Payton will be with us in 6 hours. I've been up since 3:30 AM, so it's not like I'm excited or anything!

She's 8 weeks old and I can't wait. We have the crate, food, lots of toys, treats and hopefully everything else we need.

The first pic is when we went to pick her out 3 weeks ago and the other two are ones I received last week of her playing in the yard. I'll post more once she's home. See you then. Well I'm off to bed again to see if I can get a few more hours sleep as I know I'll need it tonight! :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,435 Posts
You are the only person up and awake with me! I love that you're so excited. Best of luck today- sleep when she sleeps.

·
Registered
34 Posts
oh my goodness, I bet you are excited!! She is soo cute! Good luck with her!

·
Chester & Murphy's Mom
7,464 Posts
Just wanted to say Hi to the new Crazy Golden Lady!!!! Your going to have so much fun today....can't wait to see more pictures!!! Hope you get some sleep later....the first few nights Murphy was home I spend part of it on the floor next to his crate...new Golden Mom's are weird like that...Have a great day!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well it's now a little after 7. The family is up and getting ready so we'll be out the door by 8. 2 hour drive and then I get to hold my baby!!!!

·
BonnieM
152 Posts
I know exactly what you're going through, having picked up our pup a couple of weeks ago. I hope you were able to get some sleep! Payton is a beauty.

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
How exciting! Bringing a new puppy home is the best. My sister/brother-in-law are getting their new puppy today as well. Many happy people today!

Looking forward to seeing the coming home pictures.

·
Registered
774 Posts
oooh congrats! We have had Duffy for a couple weeks now. He is almost 9 weeks old! Lots of new babies on the board.

Kris

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
She's home!!! We've played, peed, pooped, ate, drank, played some more and now is sleeping at my feet. She's such a calm dog, it's amazing. Here's some pics from when we got home. We also stopped at Pet Smart to get some soft treats and we decided to weigh her - 16.8 pounds! On her papers the vet called her "grossly healthy" puppy. Now I know why! :)

My only concern was when she ate. I moistened the food (IAMS large dog puppy) and my hubby sat down with her while she ate. She seemed to eat so fast she was gagging on the food. Is this normal? It only lasted a few seconds and now she's fine. Am I just being an overly concerned mom?

Here's some pics from when we got home.

Attachments

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
OMG... that facial close up is the most adorable thing I've seen. OOOHHH, and puppy breath. Lucky, lucky you. Keep those pics coming!!!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks!
She's named after the late great Walter Payton. We are huge Bears fan so we wanted something having to do with the Bears, but it had to fit a girl.

·
<---Bring on the grub!!!!
3,737 Posts
Welcome home Payton

She's gorgeous :smooch:!!!! I really love that close up pic. That would look good in a frame.

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Congratulations on the new arrival. She is perfect. Love the pictures and I'll be looking forward to lot and lots more. Enjoy every second of her puppy hood.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts