Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on another board and they had a forum specifically for advertising horses and breeding services for sale. There was a charge to advertise there. Maybe GRF should have something like that. Then when people have a dog to breed or puppies to sell, there would be a proper venue for them which would generate a bit of support $$$ for our forum.

·
Administrator
16,473 Posts
I know the Forum Management team discussed all this back when Joe was an Admin here, and then even after Yung and Verticlescope took over. This kind of idea certainly could generate money for the forum but in the end we still decided to stick with the rule #4 we have here. As you all know breeding can be a very hot issue. GRF did not want to encourage BYB or puppy mill breeders to advertise here just for the sake of making money. We felt it was better to make less money on this kind of advertising and have a forum that provides the overall health and welfare of the Golden Retriever breed.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
I know the Forum Management team discussed all this back when Joe was an Admin here, and then even after Yung and Verticlescope took over. This kind of idea certainly could generate money for the forum but in the end we still decided to stick with the rule #4 we have here. As you all know breeding can be a very hot issue. GRF did not want to encourage BYB or puppy mill breeders to advertise here just for the sake of making money. We felt it was better to make less money on this kind of advertising and have a forum that provides the overall health and welfare of the Golden Retriever breed.
I totally agree with this decision.... I for one probably would not have joined this forum had there been an advertising forum for stud service and puppies.

What wouldnt be bad is an advertising forum for other kinds of service though... such as equipment, training, art... all the peripherals that one might need when they have a pup... some of which is made by or sold by members... that would be kind of nice....

just my two cents but again hard to regulate

·
Kate
21,297 Posts
What wouldnt be bad is an advertising forum for other kinds of service though... such as equipment, training, art... all the peripherals that one might need when they have a pup... some of which is made by or sold by members... that would be kind of nice....
^ Seconds this.

I totally agree about seeing ads for studs and puppies. I would really hate that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts