Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I noticed my 9 month Golden retriever licking his paws alot. And noticed his paws are peeling. I took him to the vet and the vet didn’t really seemed concerned all she told me was if he jumped alot or was very active or the walking can cause this on his paws. But we do take him out on walks but not a whole lot for his paws to be this way. Has this happened to anyone? Any recommendations? The only thing she sent home was medication for inflammation and pain. And I noticed this on three of his paws.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,165 Posts
it looks like a very light case of hyperkeritosis (great pics!) - and
several gashes in the pad that have healed up. If he were mine, I'd put some sort of emollient on them til the cut areas that are hanging drop off.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it looks like a very light case of hyperkeritosis (great pics!) - and
several gashes in the pad that have healed up. If he were mine, I'd put some sort of emollient on them til the cut areas that are hanging drop off.
What type of ointment? I did ask the vet about some type of cream to put on him and she told me it was not necessary, but this was not his regular vet, so if it gets worse I will have to take him in again. Thank you for your suggestion

1 - 4 of 4 Posts