Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Matt
235 Posts
I assume you saw her website? After some searching I was able to find it.

Golden Retreiver Photo Gallery

I personally couldn't find any information on her dogs as far as clearances, the only dog she has listed as far as goldens is

Pedigree: Pathfinder's Liberty Belle CD RN

I checked on the OFA's website with Libby's reg number but couldn't find anything.

I also couldn't find anything on OFA's website about any of her Cockers. She list with the pathfinder prefix that is, on her site she list one of the dogs...Pathfinders Peacepipe aka Piper as having OFA good and CERF, but it's co owned by two other people.

Nothing jumps out at me to run away per say, but the fact that she doesn't mention getting clearances done on her dogs, be it Cockers or Goldens would turn me away. I would call and just ask if she does clearances on her Goldens, and if she says yes, ask her what clearances? If she doesn't respond with hips,elbows,eyes and heart then I would definitely run away.

I'm sure more members will chime in today so please don't be rash in your decision! I say this because I notice she has puppies on the ground.

·
Matt
235 Posts
Also I would recommend contacting Sue Mcgavic, she is the breeder refer person with the Louisville and Southern Indiana Golden Retriever Club

Greater Louisville Golden Retriever Club
(812) 948-5778
Email:
[email protected]

She will be able to refer you to breeders in the area that have or will be having puppies.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I don't know the breeder but doing a search of her name on K9data brought up several dogs including one from 1964 - Sundance's Dawn Of Harlanheim. Looks like she may have bred under the kennel prefix Harlanheim as Harlanheim's Rust Haven had 3 offspring listed on K9data.

Sometimes breeders don't include a lot of information on their websites for a reason and the best way to know more about the breeder is to ask them directly. Ask for references, accomplishments etc. I am sure she would be happy to share this information with you.

Here are the dogs I found on K9data:
SunDance's Dawn of Harlanheim
Harlanheim's Rust Haven
Am. CH. Bear wood Tequila Sun Rise OD
Laurell Sundance Nostaglia
Pathfinder's Southern Belle
Pathfinder's Autumn Jewel
Pathfinder's Firebird

·
Registered
869 Posts
There is no information on the website about the parents or clearances or anything. So, you would certainly want to contact them about the parents and ask for their registered names and a link to their information on the OFA website for their clearances. If they cannot give you this, you need to look for another breeder.

Last I knew, Ruth Wylie in Columbus, Ohio who is Wylwind Goldens had 2 male puppies available.

If you aren't looking for a puppy now, you can also contact Shereen Farber who does the Puppy Referral for the White River Golden Retriever Club.
[email protected]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts