Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
Does anyone have any experience with Pastiche kennels in California. It's owned by dog handler Tomara Twigg. They have links to k9data.org and also seem to be closely linked to promise Goldens as it looks like they co-own some of their dogs. I can't much other information on them online so was wondering if anyone had any personal experience? Thank you in advance!

·
Esquire Golden Retrievers
4,961 Posts
Pastiche is not Promise. Promise Goldens is by Judy Inman in the Central Valley. In my experience Judy does her clearances. I can't speak for Tomara.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your comments! I saw Tomara has some promise dogs listed on her website, maybe they are just using Judy's dogs for stud service.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'd reach out and ask for registered names for potential pairings and post them here so that the members here can take a look at them to see if everything is in place.

Going off of the dogs listed on the website, this is what I saw. Some of these dogs are marked as "Retired" but I'll list them anyway.

Sire
"Falkor" Promise's Deactivate The Nothing [OFA] (Retired) (5 years old) (registered name is misspelled on OFA and the registration number listed on the K9 data does not match OFA at all. OFA has # SR65631103) - moderate hip dysplasia, no cardiac or eye tests.

Dams
"Luna" UKC CH Promise’s Total Eclipse of the Moon [OFA] (4 years old) - Eyes are out of date (test date Feb 2, 2019, reported July 2, 2020) but, to my untrained eye, everything else seems to be there
"Nika" CH Scott’s 24K Free At Last [OFA] (Retired) (7 years old) - Only has hips and elbows on OFA. Cardiac clearances can be done at 12 months and eyes need to be done annually.
"Elsa" Promise’s Frozen In Time At Pastiche [OFA] (2 years old) - again, only hips and elbows are listed on OFA.
"Anna" Promise’s Love Is An Open Door At Pastiche [OFA] (3 years old) - this one only has an eye certification, and an out of date one at that (test date Oct 6, 2018, reported July 2, 2020). Cardiac clearances can be done at 12 months and eyes need to be done annually.
"Fomo" Promise’s Fear Of Missing Out [OFA] (almost 3 years old) - Eyes are out of date (test date Feb 24, 2019, reported July 2, 2020) but again, to my untrained eye, everything else seems to be there

·
155 Posts
Promise is Judy Inmann and I'd recommend but I have no idea about Pastiche.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Pastiche (Tomara Twigg) is on the newer side as a Golden Retriever breeding kennel (which is why there is little information to be found online about them). Several of their dogs were bred by Promise Kennels (Judy Inman). I hope this clears things up.

I would definitely recommend reaching out to Tomara and asking any questions you may have. She will be upfront with you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do yourself a favor, avoid this place. I won't go into details publicly, but you could always check her BBB.

If you'd like more details feel free to DM.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts