Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Clare--Watney's mom
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Watney passed her AKC Star Puppy class this morning but only thanks to the trainer. The class was moved up two hours to 8 AM to allow for another event taking place which was fine, but Watney needed to RUN first. Didn't have time to do that and my lovely husband left the gas tank on empty when he came home last night, so had to stop for gas and we were the last to arrive for class. She was all wound up! I had noticed that this week has been pretty hard for her as she lost 4 molars, lots of mouthiness, hard to settle. There were new puppies that she wanted to greet, (more so the owners with the treats), and it wasn't until 45 minutes into the class that she really buckled down. Her "stay" was awesome and strangers handling her was great, the jumping up was a challenge. The trainer said that she had been checking off all her accomplishments over the course of the past few weeks and that is what passed her along with some new behaviors and thinks she will do fine in beginner obedience class which starts in two weeks. After reading what Amberbark went through with her dog, I feel lucky. Yay!:D

·
Knife Swallower
6,783 Posts
Aw, congrats!!!

Reactions: softballmom

·
Registered
783 Posts
Congratulations!

Great job softball mom and Watney! So glad that you passed the first and that the trainer noted Watney's improvement. I think that she will enjoy the Novice Obedience class, as well. Hi from Amber :wavey:.

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
Congrats to you and Watney.

·
where the tails wag
13,384 Posts
Congratulations to both you & Watney :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts