Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
About 20 months ago I posted asking if anyone would recommend a litter, one that would have the looks but would have the drive for performance. Anney Doucette answered the call and suggested I contact Kelli Mullen regarding her litter (Fisher x Remi). I reached out to her and quickly put myself on the puppy list. Two months later I flew down to New Orleans and brought home Parker. Well who knew that 20 months later these wonderful ladies would be my good friends? They just came up from Florida and Mississippi to Chicago and stayed the weekend with me. They brought Parker's sister KC (Kelli's) and two half brothers Slater and Bally (Anney's). We spent the weekend in Grayslake at the Little Fort and the GRCI specialty shows.

When they arrived (after two days on the road) they bathed and groomed Parker then we went to the local dog club for practice. The next day Kelli started showing him and in the five shows she worked her magic. He is in the 12-18 class and won three times and took third twice! KC won the show on Sunday and went RWB. Bally took second in his class also on Sunday.

So a huge thank you to these wonderful friends and to this forum for making it all happen. Could not be happier with how this all turned out! In the pictures you will see Kelli and Parker getting ready and then Kelli & Parker and Anney and Bally.

· Registered
3,219 Posts
Wow..such a nice thing for them to do! I saw some of it via FB but didnt know the whole story..very cool! Hope you learned alot and it sounds like you all had a blast!

· Registered
2,693 Posts
I think I will add in a few brags :) Donna is too Modest! :)

Friday Parker took 1st out of 5. The 1st specialty Saturday he went 1st out of 7!! Under breeder judge Nancy Talbot! Nancy mentioned when getting the picture of his class when what a nice puppy he was and if he was a little more mature he would be in the run in for Winners.

The 2nd specialty he went 3rd out of 9 under Judge Dana Cline!

Sunday he went 1st out of 5 under Betty-Ann Stenmark!

I am very proud, but not just because I bred him! Donna has done so much with him and I can not wait for the world to see more of Parker! He is such an awesome Guy!! He has the looks, drive, smartness, and a wonderful temperament!!

Thank you Donna for allowing us to stay with you guys! We had a blast!

· Registered
3,219 Posts
He is a handsome dog..I am sure he will continue to do good..getting first places and even the other ribbons is awesome accomplishments. I cant wait to see him mature and get his first points!

· the party's crashing us
4,910 Posts
Thanks Donna for the great opportunity to meet you and your family, show in a new area with new friends to meet, and hang out with a great dog like PARKER! He is just what I look to produce when planning a breeding. He rocks and will only get better with age. I had a GREAT time and hey -- even the weather cooperated! I'm sure Donna thinks both me and Kelli are either nuts or live in a plastic bubble at home, since we spent most of our free time hanging out with the dogs in their beautiful backyard :) I think Parker wants to come to Florida during the winter for field training :)

Reactions: Roushbabe

· Keisel & Miller's Mom
957 Posts
That is an awesome job!! A huge congrats for Parker, KC and Bally. I saw some pictures on FB too but didn't know the whole story either. It sounds like it was such a great time and I'm sure Parker will do nice things in the future. I love hearing stories like this! To get first out of 7 dogs is a HUGE accomplishment! Keep up the good work :)

· the party's crashing us
4,910 Posts
Yes Ann she did give Fisher his first major at Everglades GRC Specialty :)
It was very cool to have her recognize Parker for his similar qualities!

· Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anney after this past winter we may be thinking twice about staying here in the winter. You just never know.

Loved having all,of you. So much fun. Parker misses all the playmates too. Now I'm back to being his best friend. Lol

You are all welcome anytime. Can't wait to see you again at the National!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.