Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share a painting I had done of our Lora who was put to sleep this summer. I am so pleased with it as it really captures her as she was and isn't just a painting of any retriever. I am also a member of a labrador forum in the Uk and it was another member who did the painting. I hope you like it.

Eileen

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
What a beautiful picture, I was just on her site looking at her work, it's great.

How long did she take to complete it, I would love to get one done in time for Xmas of Marley.

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
Ohhh, beautiful! What a wonderful tribute and remembrance of your Lora.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Karen is a fab artist. I sent another one to her just this weekend and she thought it could be done before Xmas.

Eileen

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
It's gorgeous. Would you share how much ? I know a woman who would do an excellent painting of my boys: her estimate= $4000.!!!!!!

I think I'll do a photo blow up for much less. : )

·
est.1989
4,374 Posts
Deb contact me if you are in the market, mine of Fallon was no where near that price!

Eileen your portrait is lovely!

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
she does this from photos? I'd love one of our 3 for DH's b-day in April. Of the dogs we've had/loved in our lives - these 3 are a special team.

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
what a stunning photo! I can see why you just love it!

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
What a treasure. It's beautiful and I'm sure very comforting to you.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
What a beautiful painting of a beautiful girl. It must be a great comfort for you.

·
Registered
51 Posts
What a beautiful painting. She did a wonderful job. I am an artist too. I have started a painting of my Golden girl, Champ, who we lost in October, but right now it makes me too sad when I work on it.

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
That is a beautiful painting and it must have used a gorgeous model.

I am sorry for you loss and glad you have such a beautiful picture to look at remember Lora.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts