Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Kristy
9,417 Posts
Sorry, I think I was posting while you were. I'm not believing you had knee surgery today and are doing well enough to be chatting on here with us.... You're amazing!!! I hope you heal quickly.
I'm SO glad to see that Sash is able to open up his mouth with no problems. That would be worrisome. It's really odd that his tongue keeps going out like that. Did I miss, is that typical for him? IF not, I would mention that next time you check in with the vet. Fingers crossed you all are headed in the right direction at your house this week and both of you are feeling improved asap. I bet the pain pills are making him slow down.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Sash can open his mouth and chew and play with a toy ok? You think it's just one spot that is sore?
Chewing, eating is fine. He even wants to play tug. It seems to be under his ears like where his jaw connects. He unexpectedly cried out the first time when I put my hand on the side of his face to scratch at the base of his ears. When I touched there again it felt like area was lightly trembling. No spots pain areas in his mouth. Vet had to sedated him to get a good look. We have avoided touching the area since yesterday. He does let Gable lick his face. Vet thinks most likely cause is that he hurt a muscle playing with Gable - twisted funny or something. Which is kind of funny because I had always described their playing as pro-wrestling — all show but no real action. Gable has always been very submissive and Sash just likes to twist his slinky body in weird ways as Gable tries to get at him to either get a toy from him or “snap” back at him for Sash’s land shark sneak attacks to his legs. No one really is trying too hard or being aggressive. I will say there has been more chasing and wrestling as Sash has gotten bigger (36 pounds and 78 pounds).

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Sorry, I think I was posting while you were. I'm not believing you had knee surgery today and are doing well enough to be chatting on here with us.... You're amazing!!! I hope you heal quickly.
I'm SO glad to see that Sash is able to open up his mouth with no problems. That would be worrisome. It's really odd that his tongue keeps going out like that. Did I miss, is that typical for him? IF not, I would mention that next time you check in with the vet. Fingers crossed you all are headed in the right direction at your house this week and both of you are feeling improved asap. I bet the pain pills are making him slow down.
Thanks! Partial knee replacement — so this puppy can get consistent walks!!!! Before this weekend he was getting to way too early!!

Surgery at 7am today, home by 2pm. No pain yet, but like Sash I’m probably helped by the pain meds. Can’t do too much else other than text etc. 😊

I think tongue is weird too. That’s newish. I mean he’s done it before, just never so often. It’s not 24/7 but very often when he sleeps now and sometimes just sitting around I’ll see it. I will tell vet. Because hubby took him to vet, I don’t think he told him because he thought was silly. It is kind of cute.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts