Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my little boy yesterday. I decided to name him Paddington (Paddy for short) He did surprisingly well for his first night home. Slept from 10 pm until 5 am, I took him outside to potty twice during that time and he went, then right back to his kennel to sleep. He didn't cry at all until 5. He likes playing in all the snow we have here. I put a few pictures up of his first day home. I was wondering though, at what age did everyones golden start learning basic commands, like sit, stay, etc... I could also use some training advice if anyone has any. Thanks

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
Congratulations, I love the name.

You can start training as soon as possible. They pick up sit quite fast ( with a treat ).

·
Registered
95 Posts
Welcome Paddington! I love the name as my daughter lived in London for five years and just returned home in Oct. She brought home Paddington bears and story books for all her nieces.

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Aww, he's such a cutie! Congrats.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Training starts the day the puppy comes home. They are like sponges right now and will learn quickly. A puppy can learn to sit and stay for their meals on the second day home.
Start teaching "come" immediately so you have a good recall...

You should also sign up for puppy class as soon as possible.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts