Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
wow, that's a masterpiece. Really captures his soul. I love it.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Both pictures of Paco are gorgeous but I love the b/w one better. He has such a regal pose.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
That is gorgeous lighting on a gorgeous dog. Beautiful work, I like the framing too. What lens did you use on this? I'm looking for a longer lens than I have that does well on full frame.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Thank you all :)

I used the nikkor 70 200 2.8 VR for this photo. Here you can find almost every lens. :)

http://www.photozone.de/

What camera do you use?
I have a D700. Regretfully I sold my 70-200 last spring mostly because it was so big and heavy and partly because of vignetting, but I could have lived with that. I have the 70-300 which I like a lot but it just doesn't match the 70-200. May have to try the new VRII

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have a D700. Regretfully I sold my 70-200 last spring mostly because it was so big and heavy and partly because of vignetting, but I could have lived with that. I have the 70-300 which I like a lot but it just doesn't match the 70-200. May have to try the new VRII
Beautiful camera !! You are wright; nothing can match the 70-200 vr(II). If it is to heavy the only alternative is a prime lens like the 105/135 f2 DC or the 180 2.8. But no zoom and no VR :)

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
nice job there Rik, Paco looks stunning !!.............. I'd have been tempted to leave the colour on his tongue or his eyes though

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
Ahh, Rik, you've done it again! Wonderful pic....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts