Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last weekend we met the litter we are going to get our little boy from - we fell head over heels in love immediately!

Only problem is, as each day passes and we get closer to bringing him home, (not even sure which little boy we are having yet) we're finding ourselves getting more & more impatient and the adrenaline flow and butterflies in our stomach increase.

Has anyone else experienced these completely overwhelming feelings before bringing their golden pup home?

·
Registered
7,496 Posts
I'm giddy with excitement. I am almost wishing the summer away so that August 28th can get here!! :)

Part of me is also nervous, hoping that we do everything right to raise our pup into a balanced, well-mannered adult dog!

·
Knife Swallower
6,783 Posts
I did, and my dog wasn't even a puppy! I was so nervous throughout the adoption process, and then even more nervous when I called to inquire about him; the last two dogs I'd been interested in had been snapped up before I could even see them so I thought for sure it would happen again. Then when I met him and knew he was the dog for me, I was hoping his foster mom saw it the same way I did. Luckily, she did!

She told me thursday night that I could pick him up friday morning so I spent all thursday getting ready. I was SO unbelievably nervous and excited, all at the same time. I was nervous because I'd never owned a dog JUST myself before that I could make all the decisions and that his health/trust was placed totally in me. It was a very weird feeling - almost like I was in a dream as I picked out bowls/toys/beds for him. I went to bed that night thinking "tomorrow is the start of my life with my dog. Everything will be changed." And it has, in the best way possible. i can't imagine NOT having Ranger, not having every moment taken up by thinking about him or what I can do with him or including him in my ordinary day activities. I think the most amazing thing is how he makes simple, day-to-day things so much more fun.

Getting dressed is more fun since he's always so interested in my socks. Coming home is the best since he's always so excited. Going for walks with him is more interesting since he notices things I wouldn't...I could go on and on...

It is overwhelming at first but it's the most amazing feeling at the same time. Make sure you post a ton of pics and updates!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts