Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Logan & Lacey in R hearts
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a week ago I decided to bring the camera when we took the dogs up to the open area at the end of our development. We live in a development called Holiday Lake in Morgan Hill, CA. At the end there is a huge open space a local resident donated to the county as open space only. It overlooks Anderson Reservoir. The dogs love running free up there. For Lacey, these pictures have an extra special meaning. It was a year ago this month we discovered a mass the size of a tennis ball pressing on her bladder. It was removed, but was diagnosed as hermangia-sarcoma. We opted to do 5 sessions of chemo. While doing chemo, in January, Lacey caught her rear left leg and dislocated her hip. They were unable to get it back in place and stay, so we had to do FHO surgery. It was a tough year for all of us. Though she has to wear booties when we walk on the pavement due to her toenails scuffing (result of FHO), when we are in the open area and she is able to run free she has no problems and loves it. The free running up and down the hills really helped to strengthen the rear leg muscles after the surgery. Enjoy.
Top row 1. Lacey (10 in January) and Ralphie-the Corgi (5 1/2)
Top row 2. Lacey & Ralphie
Lower row 3. Logan (11 in February)
Lower row 4. Logan & Ralphie

Attachments

·
Momma to angel Cody
5,044 Posts
Awwww, those are just precious photos of everyone, and I so glad to see Lacey looking like she's loving life!

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Great looking pack of dogs you have there. I'm sure they all had a great time off lead. Also great to get Lacy some fun and exercise at the same time.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Love the big smiles on Lacey, Ralphies and Logan's faces. I am glad that she is doing so well after her surgery and cancer. It looks like a great place for them to be able to run free.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts