Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Mr. Wilson's mom too!!
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we are getting a puppy in less than a month and we can't agree on a name:doh: My husband is driving me crazy and my kids are no help!! my kids names are silly and my husband says no to every name i like:( I swear i can't believe my kids have names because my DH was the same with the kids!!! we have a cat named Miss Kitty b/c the poor cat was home for 2 weeks and nobody could agree on a name, so i started calling her Miss Kitty and it stuck:p: (we are getting a male puppy)

so here is the short list: any suggestions would be helpful!

Jasper, DH said no

Winston, DH said it sounds like he should be smoking a cigar!

Mousse, b/c he is from the dessert litter (DH said he likes it but only spelled Moose, i told him dogs don't spell; only the vet will know!)

Charlie, after the dogs hometown

Petey: DH is ok with this one

Lane, Landon, Parker, Max, Griff, Houston, Wilson, Yogi, Keeper, Ryder, Hunter, Tex, Wyatt, Mack, Gulliver...

*sorry this is my second i need help naming my puppy post:eek: TY:D

·
Premium Member
18,411 Posts
To expand on the Moose Tracks theme a little, Tracker

Or Diogee :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
We named our dog Oggie Doggie, after the cartoon character, Augie Doggie and Doggie Daddy. I was going to spell it Augie, but my kids said no, they wanted it to be Oggie.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Don't worry about the name yet - you gotta meet your puppy first then it will just come to you! Both my girls I have now were not named until my way home with them. I had a list of names but none of them fit! I ended up with Pandora (Dory) and Abigale (Abby)

Reactions: MissKitty

·
Premium Member
16,435 Posts
Brulee
Parfait
Tiramisu
Souffle
Taffy
Sorbet
Bistro
Napoleon
Eclair
Parker
Boston
London
Raleigh
Jack
Colby
Finn
Sawyer
Bauer
Lambeau
Brees

·
Registered
13,071 Posts
Fudge

Cocoa

Pudding

Cupcake

Cream Puff

Popsicle

Biscuit

Butterscotch

Pie (I call my dog Pie all the time - short for Sweetie Pie, Cutie Pie, etc)

·
Registered
13,071 Posts
How about Breyer (as in ice cream) or Duff (as in ultra-cool chef from Ace of Cakes)?
Oh, Breyer is BRILLIANT!! :wavey:

I was trying to come up with something ice creamy. I couldn't do it. I bow down.

Reactions: Bentley's Mom

·
Registered
13,071 Posts
@Sweet Girl - this made me smile, because one of my newest nicknames for Jacks is "Cuppy" - for Cupcake. :)
Oh, I love Cuppy! That's adorable.

·
Registered
421 Posts
My husband and I couldn't decide on a name for our girl even after we had her. It wasn't until a couple days (or was it hours? lol) after we had her we finally decided on a name for her. Or should I say, Bella chose her own name (responded only to Bella) and we tried to change it for days, and she wouldn't have any of it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts