Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are bringing home our new golden puppy today!
This is the first time we have ever had a pure bred golden before. Right now we have a golden/border collie mix, named Julie, and she is the most wonderful dog in the world!
We did a lot of research on breeders, and we located a wonderful one not to far from our home. When i contacted her to inquire about when she thinks she would have a litter ready, she told me that her dog was giving birth that day! (3 days before my sons birthday) So that weekend, we took the 1 1/2 hour drive to her house to go meet her and check out her dogs, and we just fell in love! We were greeted by the sweetest bunch of dogs Ive ever met! When we were brought over to the whelping box, we let our son know that the puppy we get from here will be his birthday present, he was so happy he could hardly contain himself. We have gone up several times to check on Red's progress (and I just couldn't stay away!)
We have been waiting 8 long weeks for him to be old enough to come home, and he comes home today (on my husbands birthday!)
I have spent the past 2 months trying to puppy proof my house, its been almost 8 years since we have had a puppy or a baby in the house.
Its amazing how much stuff i had that could be really fun to eat (in the eyes of a puppy)!
I am so glad i found this forum, it will be nice to talk about our days with Red, and to read about every one else s great times with there guldens!

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Welcome. Congrats on the new pup. I have a golden collie mix too and would love to see a pic of her when you get a chance.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Brought mine home yesterday! Named him Pippin.

Ironically, I lost a Jack Russell named Julie on Sept 7th, and Pippin is, well you know, not a replacement, but.....

·
Registered
421 Posts
Can't wait to see your new pup! You will find that everyone here is extremely kind and very helpful. I've had a myriad of issues with my first one, and there is always someone here who knows exactly what to say or what direction to point you in.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Congratulations!!

Congratulations to you and your pup! You will always remember this wonderful day!!

Reactions: Red the super dog

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
we brought him home! he is the cutest puppy! i can not beleive how much he grew in 3 weeks! my julie isnt so sure on what to make of the puppy. but thankfully there hasnt been any issues. she is leery with other dogs when they go to the spot where she is missing a leg. but the puppy has been very good so far (in the 16 hours that we have had him!)
im not sure how to post photos. i will if someone could give me some directions, and just so you know, i am very computer illiterate!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Brought mine home yesterday! Named him Pippin.

Ironically, I lost a Jack Russell named Julie on Sept 7th, and Pippin is, well you know, not a replacement, but.....
im sorry you lost your dog, we had to put one down in january, and that was my son's dog. red isnt a replacement, but we are hoping he will help him heal.

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,623 Posts
we brought him home! he is the cutest puppy! i can not beleive how much he grew in 3 weeks! my julie isnt so sure on what to make of the puppy. but thankfully there hasnt been any issues. she is leery with other dogs when they go to the spot where she is missing a leg. but the puppy has been very good so far (in the 16 hours that we have had him!)
im not sure how to post photos. i will if someone could give me some directions, and just so you know, i am very computer illiterate!
First Upload your pictures to your computer.

When you are ready to post, go to the ADDITIONAL OPTIONS section right below the section where you post a reply.

Click on MANAGE ATTACHEMENTS-there you can SELECT pictures from your computer by clicking on the BROWSE button.. Once selected, click on UPLOAD.

You can click on PREVIEW POST to see your pictures loaded before SUBMIT REPLY.

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Julie is beautiful and your boy is a doll. I'm sure Julie will show him the ropes in no time.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts