Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a while but here is another instalment in my series of slide shows about my girl Chelsea and I. This time we're doing outdoors stuff in Almaguin Ontario and spent so much time up there ended up buying some land for a camp.

The response last time was very kind so I hope you enjoy this one too. gerry and chelsea

Our Northern Ontario Camp - YouTube

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Looks like you and Chelsea are living a great life. (I, being a city slicker wouldn't last a day :) )

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys...Fish Camp ! :)

·
I miss my Buddy
11,534 Posts
You made a beautiful video. Chelsea is gorgeous, one lucky girl.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
R2, nice web site..i go to a couple of your links

Buddie's Mom: thanks for that, she's a real good girl and I couldn't leave her if i tried ;), gerry

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Bravo! Well done! I thoroughly enjoyed your video! Thanks for sharing the beauty that surrounds you and the beauty that is by your side.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the kind words Blondie...btw, Blondie is Chelsea's nickname, and she sure loves the outdoors :)

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
Chelsea and you seem to have the life we all wish we could have! Wonderful slideshow and video's. Made me yearn for spring and more rain. Good luck with your fishing and hope you keep us updated with more slides.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey D,

a few have commented on our active life so i thought i'd comment briefly...a couple of years ago i made a decision to change my life in many ways for the better...i called it Project Etcha Sketch...shaking out the things and clutter i didn't want to keep and re-writing my life.

lost a bunch of weight, did SAR training with Chelsea, hike almost every day and try to live each day as full as i can... this all started out so i would look nice for my daughters wedding but it became more. I didn't want to wait til retirement and decided to live for now so i wouldn't have any regrets and just keep moving forward.

My business has since taken off and everything is coming along nicely...even going to be a grandfather in April ...anyway everyone here has been very gracious and i appreciate the feedback...thanks very much, gerry

ps; the name of my wooden boat is Etch A Sketch :)

·
I miss my Buddy
11,534 Posts
Somehow I feel Chelsea has to do a lot with your change. Live in the moment and look at the world thru the golden eyes, she taught you that.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Somehow I feel Chelsea has to do a lot with your change. Live in the moment and look at the world thru the golden eyes, she taught you that.
thats is the honest truth and i expect everyone on this board has seen similar from their goldens, g

Reactions: Buddy's mom forever

·
Golden Lover
939 Posts
We also have a northern camp, 45 minutes North of North Bay, Ontario.
I CANNOT wait to get our Bridget up there for the Summer!

You're Youtube video was priceless........

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Loved your video Gerry. Is that area near Muskoka? Chelsea looks like a seasoned camper. I so admire your approach to life! Enjoy!!!!

ps. Best wishes for your soon-to-be Grand Baby

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks again folks...

ML, ..where are you? must be getting close to Timiskaming . Bridgett will love it...i put a bell on chelsea in the bush to keep the wildlife aware of her whereabouts. As long as they can hear you coming, it will help prevent her stumbling into anything by accident...still in bear country you want a reliable recall just in case. We've been growled at twice by coyote/wolf because it was windy and they didn't hear us and we came upon the pack from downwind.

J, we are north of Muskoka in Restoule...the shots go from Powassan to French River and North to Nippising... Callander/North Bay area...and yes she is a real seasoned camper ( see my video Me and My Dog)...we started at 4 months and even did winter tent camping til we built the bunkie...she loves it outdoors. Probably due to the agreement we have...whenever i cook anything over fire, she gets a share. :)

grand baby...wow still sounds very new and exciting...thx again, gerry

·
Golden Lover
939 Posts
Gerry,
We are on Lake Nipissing, we take out from Lavigne, Ontario......and we live on an island......we have bear, in the Fall swim over, but we usually know when they're there.....

I cannot wait, our other previous dogs, Labs, and English Setter loved it. (me too)

You're just on the other side of us...lol

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hey ML, we're practically neighbours :)...are you in the area they call West Arm of Nippissing? and is that still considered French River area? I'm very jealous as an island would be my ultimate location. I bet where you are the pickerel and pike fishing is pretty good too. I'd like to see some pics, gerry

1 - 18 of 18 Posts