Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...Well it hasn't even been 24 hours since I had to euthanize my 13 year old Golden Retriever "Winnie" because of cancer that I bought 8 week old "Dorrie" from a local breeder. She is now getting to know my cat and my German Shepherd "Cutter". Kinda surprised me how maternal Cutter is for being such an Alpha male.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
seems like so many goldens are lost at 13 (I lost my old on l/4).

good for you for giving another pup a loving home!

·
Registered
7,496 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss of Winnie, it's hard to lose them nomatter the age.

It sounds like Winnie had a hand in putting you and this puppy together. The timing is too perfect for it not to be meant to be. Good luck with your new puppy. Dorrie is adorable!

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
After we lost our Rusty to cancer in October we rescued Dusty 9 days later. I was searching Petfinder within 24 hours, we just couldn't stand not having a Golden in the house. They don't replace the dog you lost but they help tremendously with helping to heal your grief. We then lost our Yellow Lab in November and rescued Sammy a week later. My feeling is that there are just so many dogs needing a loving home and we have a lot of love to share.

Congratulations on your new baby Dorrie! She is absolutely precious! I'm looking forward to watching her grow up and hearing more about her!

·
love my goofy goldens
2,431 Posts
I had a Winnie before Lucy and Desi. Your new pup is aDORRIEble!!

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
My heart goes out to you for your recent loss of Winnie.
It's so hard to lose these beautiful souls.
Good for you for adding a new one to your family!!!
Keep the pics coming.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Dorrie is just adorable. I am so sorry for your loss of Winnie but I know she is smiling down that you got another golden to help you heal. They never replace one, they just help to expand your heart.

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
Dorrie is a beautiful little lady. A puppy has a way of helping you forget your problems and all the not-so-pleasant things in life! Our Maggie went to the Bridge 7/20 and Hank charged into our lives 8/12. As Carol said, " They never replace one, they just help to expand your heart"

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
Dorrie is a cutie pie. I am sorry to hear about Winnie though... godspeed sweet girl. I know she had a paw in bringing Dorrie to you.

·
Registered
301 Posts
You waited 23 hours? We brought Maggie home 7 months before we set our old boy Coal free, knowing it was just a matter of time. I can't think of a better tribute to Winnie than loving little Dorrie. And kudos to Cutter for showing his feminine side. Aren't dogs wonderful? Winnie, find Coal up there and have a good romp.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am so sorry for the loss of Winnie. Dorrie was my second dog's name, we unfortunately had to put her to sleep in 2009 because of cancer. It's not a common name- nice to see another Dorrie out there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts