Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Mulligan
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Meet Chipper!!!! I picked him up last evening around 5:30, he had a little more than an hour ride home and was great. He was born on July 18, 2011, so he is 2 days short of 4 months old and weighs in at 35 pounds. He was the last one of the litter to go. Apparently no one wanted him because he is the noisy one. Well he IS noisy when he first see you, and is excited. Other than that, he is quiet.

He slept in his crate, after making some noise for 20 minutes, all night with no messes. He is a messy drinker and eater. I think his lips need to be grown into. LOL

I will keep you posted on his adventures. I will be sure to get better pictures in the days to come.

We are thinking of changing his name to Mulligan. We believe it will be an easy change as we have had him less than 48 hours. Any thoughts?

Attachments

·
Misty & Holly's Mom :)
8,164 Posts
What a cutie Chipper is!! Congratulations!! :)

Reactions: Capehank

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Chipper is so cute. You know what they say....saved the best for last!

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
Adorable! We had a messy eater/drinker when Jack was a puppy....and at 2 years old it hasn't changed...LOL. We buy paper towels in bulk at our house!

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,068 Posts
Chipper is gorgeous!!!!!! I would take that face home any day.

Chipper is so cute. You know what they say....saved the best for last!
You're right about that....my Austin was the last one left in his litter and he is the most wonderful boy. I'm so glad that nobody else wanted him!!

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Chipper is a definite keeper. I think they are all messy eaters/drinkers at that age!

·
Sandy's mom too!
89 Posts
Congratulations! I love his name! My Karly is almost 2 and a half years old and is still a messy drinker. She walks away from the bowl with tons of water trailing behind her. I keep a towel around the water dish but that doesn't help a whole lot so I usually don't wear socks in the house because it really bugs me when they get even a little wet!

·
Mulligan
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you for all your wonderful comments. He got his name because we are both golfers. He is funny his is heavy on his feet. Nice loud thumps.

·
Mulligan
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Chipper did very well today. His crate was clean when I got home, did what he was suppose to do when I took him out. After I changed my clothes, Izzy, Chipper and I all went for a long walk and run. He got the hang of walking on the flexi pretty quick. That is after I figured it all out. LOL

He will be a tired boy tonight. Tired Puppy = happy puppy and happy house.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Sounds like Chipper got a great home...that's why he was the last one left..waiting for you! He's adorable! My Lilly is such a messy drinker..way worse than my boxer! Hoping she grows out of it but now that I heard others say their dogs still do that ..it's not looking so good!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts