Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, our little girl is FINALLY 8 weeks old and we go tomorrow morning to pick her up! I don't have a digital camera(yet), so I will attempt the first photo shoot with said cell phone. My house is in order: gates are in place, shiny new stainless steel non-skid food and water bowls at the ready, the condo(crate) is all set up in my son's bedroom(the puppy is his 13th birthday gift-his birthday is sSuper Bowl Sunday), food and treats are lining the pantry, dog bed for the family room all set up, toys and balls, jingle bells hanging by the door and collar and leash are all set. The only thing not brand new is my former dog's leash. I wanted her spirit with us as we welcome our new addition. And finally, vet appointment for Tuesday morning. Oh, I almost forgot, one most important thing..., and that is PATIENCE! I'm sure I will have much more to write about as we go along. What a puppy ride this has been in preparation for the little cherub to join our family!

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Congratulations! I sure hope you can at the very least borrow a point and shoot camera for your puppies homecoming. Puppyhood goes by so fast that you will kick yourself later if you don't have decent pictures of your pups first year. I'll bet you could even get a friend with a camera to come over to document the big day.

·
Misty & Holly's Mom :)
8,164 Posts
Oh I cant wait to see pictures..how exciting!!!!!!!

·
Registered
7,496 Posts
Congratulations!! :) This is so exciting! Pick up a camera & batteries on your way to pick your little girl up! Puppy-hood flies by.

Do you have a name picked out yet?

·
Registered
140 Posts
. That's so exciting! You sound well prepared for that new baby to join the family. Is your son going to be the one to get up with him to go potty at night?!! I'm so jealous- I'm pretty sure my kids would come wake me up to tell me the puppy needs to go out!

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
Today's the day! Better get a camera on the way, wouldn't want to miss any of those 'gotcha' day pics!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Congratulations...I'm a little jealous as we still have many weeks to wait until our new addition is ready to come home with us. Best of luck with your transition tomorrow!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts