Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
7,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is with a heavy heart that I write this post. Max passed away yesterday at age 9 years, 7 months. He was a victim of cancer. We joined the GRF a little less than 8 years ago, when Max was just under 2 years old. He was a big boy, at about 135 pounds. Max was truly a force of nature. He became a certified therapy dog--he visited many schools, nursing homes and hospitals. He also met many people in our community, as he accompanied me on my travels around town. He also traveled with us in our RV, where he met many other travelers. As a member of GRF, and as a moderator, I helped organize several meet-ups where Max met some of the members of this forum, although I do not know how many of those people and dogs are still here. I include with this post several pictures of Max. My wife and I already miss our beautiful boy more than words can describe.
11 weeks.jpg
1YearCoat.jpg
15Months.jpg
Avila15-2.jpg
AvilaJune6.jpg
BadDog2.jpg
Groom1.jpg
LakePup.jpg
Max2Yr4Mo.jpg
Log1.jpg

·
Super Moderator Leader
48,173 Posts
Dave I am so very very sorry to hear this.
Max was such a special boy, I always enjoyed seeing pictures of him and hearing about his Therapy visits.

Thinking of you and your family, I know this is a very difficult time for you all.

Runfree Max.

·
5,154 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. I know your hearts are broken right now. I'll keep you in my thoughts.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
I am so very sorry for your loss. Max was such a majestic boy. I have enjoyed reading about your life with him. Such a cruel disease. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.?

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
I’m very sorry. They leave such big gaps in our lives when they go. Kind thoughts to you.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
It's hard to find words....Max was a special guy and a Forum Favorite. I enjoyed reading your posts about him and seeing his pictures. He was magnificent. I'm so very sorry for your loss. You gave him a great life.

Reactions: KKaren

·
Esquire Golden Retrievers
4,258 Posts
I'm so sorry, Dave. I know you loved Max so very much. I'll always remember him from this meetup in Coto de Caza.

You gave him a big little life, which is all we can do for them. Thanks to you, Max lived bigger even than he was, and he touched many lives. I'm so sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
I know your pain, Dave- I'm so very sorry for your loss. Just one more day ....

·
Registered
815 Posts
I'm very sorry for your loss. You gave him a great life and it sounds like he gave so much in return. My heart goes out to you and your family.

·
Registered
21,131 Posts
I'm so so sorry.

·
where the tails wag
13,359 Posts
I am so very sorry for your loss. Fly free Max

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
Oh no, I hate seeing this. I am so sorry. Try to focus on the good times you shared with sweet Max.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
So very sorry for your loss. I always kept up with your postings and know how much you loved your boy.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Oh, my heart hurts for you. I have fallen in love with your boy in the years since I joined the forum. I am so sorry.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts