Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, we have a golden retriever called Simba and hes 5months old. He is our first dog together and the first time either of us have got a Golden retriever. We dont know an awful lot about Golden retrievers but we have learned lots from the internet and of course from our golden boy Simba!!
He is the best thing that ever happened to us, he so loving and caring towards us and others, he is so well behaved and we love him so much!!

Simba loves cuddly toys..he has loads.., teddys, dogs, bears, rabbits, you name it he loves them!. Is this common for golden retrievers??

Thank you!!

·
Registered
813 Posts
Congratulations on your first golden and welcome to the forum! Goldens are cuddlebugs. I don't know about cuddley toys though. Mine just want to shred them!

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Simba loves cuddly toys..he has loads.., teddys, dogs, bears, rabbits, you name it he loves them!. Is this common for golden retrievers??
Thank you!!
Congrats on Simba. Yes, goldens are "soft mouthed" dogs and love stuffed soft toys. He will probably go through a period of unstuffing - during this time give him hard toys to chew on. :)

I have a library of books on goldens and there is a wealth of information. They are very energenic, stay puppies for ~3 years (some never mature :) ) and want to be a lap dog. Teach him to fetch and makes sure he gets to run not just walking and train and you will have a great companion.

Good luck and puhleeze.... post pictures!!!

v

·
Shameless and Proud
2,305 Posts
piiiiictuuures pllleeease I must seee the little cutie!

He sounds wonderfully spoiled, just what I like to see.

·
Look at that face...
89 Posts
Your puppy sounds adorable. There is nothing in the world cuter than a Golden puppy, that's for sure. :)

My guy likes to chew the noses, eyes and ears off of stuffed animals. Not a big deal when they are HIS toys, a much bigger deal when they are my kid's toys. :eek:

ETA: We don't "let" him chew the eyes and noses off his animals, or our kid's....it just happens sometimes when I don't realize he's gotten one of their stuffed toys.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
My guy likes to chew the noses, eyes and ears off of stuffed animals. Not a big deal when they are HIS toys, a much bigger deal when they are my kid's toys. :eek: .
I'm glad to read this, Darby either decapitates or rips the faces off his toys. Not so much now but when he was little almost every toy.... we were beginning to think he had so deep seated issues!!:--appalled:
Simba is a doll and with that light color I bets he just loves the "mud"!!

v

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
Welcome. Your Simba is very adorable. You've found a place that loves all things golden..... a place with tons of information, friendship, and support. Jump in and join the fun.

·
3 goldens
11,787 Posts
Hello and welcome from the coast of exas. Your guy is beautiful. And yes, there does seem to be something special about goldens. For 53 yers I have owned English Setters, Irish Setters, and goldens, and I have loved each and every one with all my heart. But there i something special about goldens. Maybe it is their eternal "puppy like" joy over everthing from a new toy to you walking in the door to the sund of the leash when it rattles when you pick it up and they know they are going somewhere.

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
They love anything they can chew, catch, carry or eat :)

It can be a $25 Zanie, or a free stick :)

Or a quilt you have on the couch.

Or your shoes.

Or their own Poop.

In other words, stand by. You're in for one hell of a ride. But you'll love it :)

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Welcome!
Simba sure is a handsome guy :)
Timber loves his "stuffies", they just don't seem to last too long!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts