Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am not sure if this is the right place to put this or not but I need an answer. Our dog, Lily has a scab and it has green around it I just realized this today. Is this a sign of infection or what? Lily got her scab from being bitten by a dog that I had owned and this happened about two weeks ago on September 1st. She has been acting different the last couple of days.

·
Registered
7,465 Posts
Have you taken her to vet to check for infection?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, because my dad didn't think it was necessary to, while everyone else was saying that she should go to the vet.

·
Registered
7,465 Posts
Dog bites can get infected pretty easily. A vet visit is probably needed, but based on your answer it sounds like it’s your parent’s dog?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes it is my parents dog, it's my Moms. She couldn't take her to the vet though because she was having problems with her wrist she is really worried though.

·
Registered
7,465 Posts
Are you old enough to drive? Or do you have a family friend who could help? Try talking to your parents.

Maybe take a picture and see if you can find a vet willing to do a phone consult?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am not old enough to drive, we have neighbors that might be able to help I have sisters that are old enough but they don't have licenses and my parents will be leaving to go to MO tomorrow. Taking a picture wouldn't work as Lily doesn't want to be messed with.

·
Registered
7,465 Posts
You’re going to need help I’m thinking. I hope things work out.

Reactions: JulesAK
1 - 9 of 9 Posts