Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week we lost our beloved Golden Hal to hemangiosarcoma at 12 1/2. Our family is devastated, particularly my seven year old daughter. We treid four rounds of chemo which may have prolonged his life briefly but he only survived four months post surgery before suffering a terrible seizure. The reality is hemangiosarcoma is a nasty, aggressive disease that is taking too many of our Goldens.

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,062 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss of Hal.....

My 11 year old Reno has hemangio....he is 1 month post surgery (splenectomy) today. Right now he's doing okay.....

So sorry again....RIP Hal.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I am very, very sorry that you lost Hal. It's so sad that our innocent, loving doggies have to suffer such a hideous disease. We lost our Simon to hemangio so I know how hard it is. Run free, sweet Hal. Please post pics of him when you can.

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss of Hal to this cruel and unforgiving disease. We've lost two goldens to it, one at 13 1/2 years and the other one month shy of his 13th birthday. The intense heartache that comes with loving and caring for a dog with hemangio is emotionally painful. I hope you will share photos and memories of Hal when you can.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
I'm SO very sorry for your loss of your beloved Hal. I understand how devastating it is to loose one to this tragic disease. We lost our 11 year old Di on 5/21/11 to hemangiosarcoma (spleen). It happened very suddenly. During the 2 weeks around the time we lost her there were about 6 GRF members that lost theirs to hemangiosarcoma as well. I hope that in time all of the beautiful memories of Hal will bring comfort to your aching heart.

·
Super Moderator Leader
48,996 Posts
I am so very sorry for the loss of your boy Hal. Too many of us know all too well what you and your family are going through. With time it does get better.

Godspeed sweet Hal.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Hal

I am so very sorry about Hal.

My Hubby and I lost our Snobear, Male Samoyed to hemagio in March 2010 and then our Golden Ret., Smooch, almost 12 to hemangio in Dec. 2010.

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
So sorry for your loss of Hal, in time I hope you will all remember with a smile and think of the happy memories that you made together

Run Free Hal and sleep softly

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
So very sorry for your loss.

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
I am so very sorry for your loss of Hal. Cancer of all kinds takes too many of our goldens. We lost Sophie to hemangio and Selka to osteosarcoma.

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. Many thoughts and prayers for your family as you walk this path of grief. Godspeed sweet Hal.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I am heartbroken for you. Sorry for your loss...

·
now Mom to Kiwi
2,785 Posts
So sorry for your loss. We lost Maddie 8 weeks ago this coming Saturday to Hemangio so I can relate to your frustration of this horrible disease.

·
Registered
576 Posts
So sorry for your lost. There are many of us here who have lost their golden babies to Hemangio. I lost two in a 6 weeks span of that nasty disease.

You came to a great group for support.

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
I am very sorry to hear about your loss of Hal. May he run free at the bridge. I hope he has met my Ginger.

·
I miss my Buddy
11,534 Posts
I am very sorry for the loss of your boy Hal.
RIP sweet boy.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts