Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Charlie was our first Golden. We knew from the start that he was very special. The breeder helped us pick him out. We wanted a very loving dog. We brought him home at 7 weeks of age. He was everything we were looking for and more.

When Charlie turned six, I noticed his back leg shaking and soon learned he had hip dysplasia, then elbow, ankle dysplasia, and arthritis. Poor guy. When he turned 8, he started to look ill in his face. He slowed down and didn't feel too well from time to time. I knew something was wrong but couldn't figure out what it was. The vet didn't know either.

In May of 2004, Charlie's breathing became more and more labored. His energy was very low and he seemed very uncomfortable. He let me know he was having a hard time breathing. So, I made a vet appointment immediately and got him in. He fainted once he got into the examination room. They took x-rays of his chest and found that his heart was very enlarged cutting off his breathing supply. He passed out several times and then finally left us.

We love you, Charlie, and we know we'll see you in Heaven.

Cheryl and Jack, Chester-Charlie's nephew, Thunder, and the kitties

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
The loss of a beloved pet is sometimes too much to bear. I'm so sorry for your pain.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm sorry for your loss, my in-laws just lost their dog(Hobey) before christmas- the house just wasnt the same without her. our pets really do become part of the family don't they. do you have another dog now? i see the names chester and thunder. take care, Kay

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Cheryl and Jack,We understand your pain.We lost our Charlie just over a year ago to heart failure.
Take solice in the Rainbow Bridge.You must believe that you will be with him again.
Shane

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had a glimpse of a vision of Charlie in Heaven. He was running under a bright blue sky, whole and healthy. It just lasted a couple of seconds, but it was a real comfort to me. I know he's waiting for us, our sweet boy.

Thanks for caring.

Cheryl, Chester, Thunder, and kitties

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, Leigh! I am thankful to have briefly seen him again. My close friend had a vision of Heaven and she saw her beloved Golden she'd lost coming toward her. Here on earth he was like an angel, he just suddenly appeared in her yard one day and was hers from that day until he passed away.

So glad they are other people who believe they'll see their Goldens again some day!

Take care.

Cheryl

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Hello Cheryl,I DO believe that we will be with our loved ones again someday.I also believe that they watch over us and sometimes visit.
Just recently I was engrossed in a project and out of the corner of my eye saw a Golden come in and lie down.I assumed it was Katie come to keep me company.A few minutes later I got up from my desk and no dog.I went looking for her and finally found her and the rest of the family.They were outside with my wife and had been there for at least an hour.
All I can think of,is that Charlie came to keep me company.
I have no other way to explain it.
You must believe,
Shane

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi, Shane!

I do believe I'll see our sweet boy again in Heaven. There's a book by
Mary K. Baxter called "A Divine Revelation of Heaven." She had visions of Heaven and saw that there are animals there!

Have a good night and weekend! Give your Golden a hug for me.

Some day, I hope to foster Golden rescues. They're wonderful doggies!

Take care.

Cheryl

·
Ron
103 Posts
I agree with Shane
You must believe!
I am so sorry for your loss!
Look forward to seeing them again

1 - 12 of 12 Posts