Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we brought our baby home saturday morning, we have named him Duke. He is 6 weeks old. he still is sleeping alot but thats ok,babies need their sleep. we are going about 6 hrs overnight in the crate before he needs out. he is such fun!

·
Registered
101 Posts
congrats!!! we brought our puppy home saturday morning too (on the 28th of May). How did you get him to like his crate so much, my pup will go in it, play with the toys for a bit then leave, or he'll eat then leave right after he finishes. I put a treat in there, he gets the treat and leaves.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tracy said:
congrats!!! we brought our puppy home saturday morning too (on the 28th of May). How did you get him to like his crate so much, my pup will go in it, play with the toys for a bit then leave, or he'll eat then leave right after he finishes. I put a treat in there, he gets the treat and leaves.[/QUOT

congrats to you too!!!!
we can share horror stories now LOL,
honestly i dont know why he likes his crate, i really only have him in it when we are asleep,otherwise i let him sleep in the living room.

he is being a monster today though! all the rain here has made him refuse to use the bathroom outside!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Upstate

I can't believe we are both on the this board and live so close. My daughter
was a cheerleader for Dorman High School and Mauldin was there biggest rival.:wave:

Anyway welcome to the board and best of luck with your new baby.

Send Pictures.

·
Registered
101 Posts
TiffanyHarrison said:
Tracy said:
congrats!!! we brought our puppy home saturday morning too (on the 28th of May). How did you get him to like his crate so much, my pup will go in it, play with the toys for a bit then leave, or he'll eat then leave right after he finishes. I put a treat in there, he gets the treat and leaves.
congrats to you too!!!!
we can share horror stories now LOL,
honestly i dont know why he likes his crate, i really only have him in it when we are asleep,otherwise i let him sleep in the living room.

he is being a monster today though! all the rain here has made him refuse to use the bathroom outside!
You should be glad that he likes his crate, Rocky won't even go sleep in his cage, he'll go in from time to time to get his toy, bring it out and play. He likes sleeping around the floor more than in a bed inside the crate.

Maybe I'll just let him around the house instead of crating him, he doesn't seem destructive when he is left alone at home, which is normally only a few hours a day (no more than 3-4).

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
He hasn't hit the dreaded teenage years yet. Wait for it! Mojo was able to discover any scrap of material hiding in the house and rip it to shreds. I had a pair of jeans on the top of the laundry hamper, neatly folded, and when I returned home I owned crotchless pants. HE WAS TERRIBLE! If you are NOT going to crate then I would suggest that you contain him to one room with a comfy dog bed and lots of dog toys.

·
Registered
101 Posts
mojosmum said:
He hasn't hit the dreaded teenage years yet. Wait for it! Mojo was able to discover any scrap of material hiding in the house and rip it to shreds. I had a pair of jeans on the top of the laundry hamper, neatly folded, and when I returned home I owned crotchless pants. HE WAS TERRIBLE! If you are NOT going to crate then I would suggest that you contain him to one room with a comfy dog bed and lots of dog toys.
oh no.. that's terrible! I thought they were at their worst at this age, if that's the case I'll really have to start crating him, little at a time so he'll get use to it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.