Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Claire
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to live with my in-laws and they have a Jack Russell named Beamer. He is a little Sh*t, he is about 7 years old (rescue) me and him were very close and he would want to sleep with me every night, but some nights we would close the bedroom door before he was in and he would pee on the floor. Of course my in-laws blamed me for this as he was "mad at me". Which I think is totally ridiculous, he gets let out at around 11, he should be good till 7 or 8!
So now that I bought my own place and got Phoebe, when we come to visit Beamer pees on the floor (not sure if he pees when I am not there, I think he does) and now they are blaming it on Phoebe!!!! Saying he is upset that I am spending all my time with her. This is totally unfair. They are blaming my puppy for causing their dog to pee on the floor. what the f.
They won't crate him because "there is no problem with him, it is you that is causing him to do this."
What can I do!!

Attachments

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
You can do nothing. I think they are using Phoebe as an excuse for their JRT lack of housetraining. Anything and everything will be an excuse. Yes some dogs can pee from excitement, but for a housetrained dog this should be rare and usually if they smell where another dog has pee'ed.

I have a toy breed and unbelievable how difficult to housetrain. Some are totally reliable, one will never be. I face this and take the steps needed, but don't blame others. My fault she developed into a prima dona and up to me to correct.

Think they are using anything to explain his lack of training. Don't dwell on it, just nod and go on but don't believe it is you or Phoebes fault.

·
Claire
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Phoebe has never pee'd in their house as I watch her like a hawk just because I don't want more things blamed on the innocent puppy.
He is house trained, he only does this at night, he has been doing it for maybe 5-6 months. They always say they are going to put him in the laundry room but it never happens. Maybe I will put him in there tonight and see what happens. I know he can hold it, he is just being a douche bag.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Make sure the spots where he has peed are cleaned with a non ammonia based cleaner (vinegar, water and a little dish detergent like Dawn original).

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
If it's causing a rift, I'd leave Phoebe home when you visit. If Phoebe isn't there, they can't blame her. I wouldn't put their dog in the laundry room either, let them deal with him.

·
Dakota Katie River's Mom
1,684 Posts
Bring a belly band with you perhaps for Beamer. Then if he has an accident, it won't get on the floor. Maybe it'll help visits home to be more pleasant. And it's not you as someone said, they are using excuses for Beamer's behavior. I would guess he does it when you're not there as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts