Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

141 - 160 of 215 Posts

·
Super Moderator
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
Yes, I think he finds them to be annoying but without them in that temperature he can't be outside. They interfere with his digging which is his main hobby in the winter and he nibbles me when I put them on. One of the joys of living in northern VT. I have gone through three different types and done a lot of research on dog boots. None of them are perfect but these have been the best so far.

·
Super Moderator Leader
44,910 Posts
Oscar's a handsome boy, is he enjoying the snow?

Yes, I think he finds them to be annoying but without them in that temperature he can't be outside. They interfere with his digging which is his main hobby in the winter and he nibbles me when I put them on. One of the joys of living in northern VT. I have gone through three different types and done a lot of research on dog boots. None of them are perfect but these have been the best so far.
Is he adjusting to the boots? I can see where they would be a must in those temps you're having.

Have you seen the video of the K9 Officer that is circulating on the Internet wearing boots? It's funny.... Walmart's running a Christmas ad with a dog wearing boots, my favorite commercial of the season.

·
Super Moderator
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
Oscar's a handsome boy, is he enjoying the snow?

Is he adjusting to the boots? I can see where they would be a must in those temps you're having.

Have you seen the video of the K9 Officer that is circulating on the Internet wearing boots? It's funny.... Walmart's running a Christmas ad with a dog wearing boots, my favorite commercial of the season.
He is sort of adjusting. The key is getting him to stand up when tightening them. If I put them on when he is lying down they tend to slip down on his foot. He does love the snow, particularly diving for rodents! I need to check out that video!

·
Super Moderator
16,925 Posts
Handsome boy!.

·
Super Moderator
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
I'm sure seeing Oscar made a lot of people feel better.
Amazingly so. My favorite story of many... We were in the elevator going down for a walk and this older man asked his name and if he could pet Oscar. He then started calling him "Matt." I explained again his name was Oscar and he shared that his close friend Matt had just died and he saw his spirit in Oscar. I headed out with the man in front of me. Two blocks later he suddenly reappeared and asked if he could take some pictures of Oscar. He was particularly interested in his face. I was fine with it and after a bunch of shots he was on his way. He touched my arm and thanked me and I wished him well.

·
Super Moderator
16,925 Posts
That's a lovely photo, he looks very relaxed!.

141 - 160 of 215 Posts