Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

301 - 320 of 351 Posts

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Thanks for the kind words. We think so and are completely impartial!
He reminds me a little bit of my wonderful sweet Cosmo, now gone. (The dog in my avatar.) There's no way anyone could look at Oscar's face and remain impartial!:)

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
You're a brave boy, Oscar!

·
Registered
17,489 Posts
He reminds me a little bit of my wonderful sweet Cosmo, now gone. (The dog in my avatar.) There's no way anyone could look at Oscar's face and remain impartial!:)
Cosmo and Oscar do definitely look alike!

·
Registered
637 Posts
Oscar's First? Swim

Off we went to a local pond today to see how Oscar swims. He has waded around in our pond but I can't go in with him because of the leeches. We used a boat launch area with a gently graded entrance to the water and no people. He waded in with me but refused to have his feet leave the bottom. So I picked him up, which he never minds in the least and carried him out to where he could not touch, and off he paddled! He went right back to the shore and could not be coaxed to come in on his own power. Two more trips out being carried with swims back and we were done for the day. So we know he can swim but it may not be one of his favorite things to do. Right now I am 0 for 2. Minimal interesting in swimming and no interest in chasing balls. I wonder what he did for entertainment in Istanbul. Oh and there will be a significant amount of Advil in my future...
Oscarito,please tell your dad that in Turkey dogs are not entertained instead dogs are entertaining the owners for a couple of months till they grow in size.Most probably he was never given a toy actually he was beaten up for destroying anything similar to toy.So,he does not know what to do with it.Very but very few for a minimal of time or if a miracle happens for a longer period of time.Balls,swimming,kongs,daycares, toys,car rides , climbing,walks ,socializing are foreign terms.They are born ,used as entertainment and get rid off.You are a very but very lucky boy to have made it alive and having been homed & adopted by a wonderful rescue & pawrents.You are a very wise man and I know you collect those toys as a totem for the rest of your friends to be rescued 😚

301 - 320 of 351 Posts