Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

181 - 200 of 243 Posts

·
Super Moderator Leader
45,779 Posts
We attended the Golden Jubilee at St. Johnsbury, VT. How rare to have something like this going on close by! There had to be 150 plus goldens there! Old, young, rescues, cancer survivors. It was held at Dog Mountain, which I don't know much about in terms of history but it seemed very dog friendly. There was a huge box of balls with a pond to swim in and goldens dashing about everywhere. We kept Oscar on a leash as it was very overstimulating for him. When we tried letting hm off lead once he got into a tussle with another dog and I had to pull him away and lay on him. But overall, Oscar managed it well and he got to have a reunion with a bunch of Yankee Golden Retriever Rescue staff who were there. What a wild day but fun! Here is Oscar with some of his rescue buddies...

Great picture, what a fun event!

·
Super Moderator
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
Oscar still has not destroyed his first baby "Moosie", which he has had for 2 1/2 years. We are proud that he understands the importance of valuing and caring for what we give him. :grin2:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #184 (Edited)
With Oscar's birthday coming up tomorrow (according to his Turkish passport), I thought I would post some recent pictures over the next few days.

HAPPY DAY BEFORE YOUR BIRTHDAY, OSKIE!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
17,227 Posts
Sorry I missed your Birthday sweet boy, you should be like The Queen and have two!

You look great in your photos, you have a wonderful smile!!.

·
Registered
568 Posts
MOM! DAD! I finally lost 4 pounds! I know how happy you both are!
You lost the 4 pounds so that they can leave you a little alone and gain it back dear. Tell them that Goldens are not chubby due to fat. You are all tend to to look overweight because you are filled with happiness & joy. Many joyful b-day :x

·
Registered
568 Posts
With Oscar's birthday coming up tomorrow (according to his Turkish passport), I thought I would post some recent pictures over the next few days.

HAPPY DAY BEFORE YOUR BIRTHDAY, OSKIE!
Dear Oscar's Dad, is his original b-day written as 09.03 or 03.09 ? Turkey uses European date system.If it is 09.03 it means 9th of March. If it is written 03.09 it means 3rd of September

·
Super Moderator
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #194
No it is definitely September 3rd. It was one rockin celebratory day!

·
Super Moderator
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #195
Actually Oskie had been experiencing some disk problems and it is essential we take some weight off of him. He LOVES his new diet tho. We need to get him back down to around 74 pounds. With the weight loss so far he has lots more energy, and is no longer having issues on steps or getting into the car. We are also taking him to a chiropractor and he is on glucosamine. Geez like having a kid all over again!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Actually Oskie had been experiencing some disk problems and it is essential we take some weight off of him. He LOVES his new diet tho. We need to get him back down to around 74 pounds. With the weight loss so far he has lots more energy, and is no longer having issues on steps or getting into the car. We are also taking him to a chiropractor and he is on glucosamine. Geez like having a kid all over again!
At the moment , you deserved an Oscar. However, if he succeeds 74 pounds, than the oscar goes to the real Oscar 0:)

·
Super Moderator
17,227 Posts
He's stunningly gorgeous, love your boy!

181 - 200 of 243 Posts