Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last weekend I went with Oscar to our first dog show. It was a three days all breed conformation show at Cloverdale. BC. I've never handled a dog in a show ring before, so it was a quite of experience for both of us. Oscar entered into Junior puppy class and he was the only one in that class,so it wasn't too difficult to got a first place there :)
For the first two days, we didn't go any higher than a class placement, but we had a great time, met lot of new people and received valuable advises on grooming, staging, presenting etc. For instance one of issue was Oscar tended to sit every time I stooped after running and this is exactly what he's been taught at obedience classes, so will have to make some adjustments.There was another Chuckanut puppy in Senior Puppy class. He was two months older than Oscar and it was interesting to see these two compete against each other. We learned a lot for these two days and at a beginning of the third day felt much more confident and it showed. We got a Best Puppy and Reserved Winner awards that day. Yay!!! Way to go Oscar! It's a long way to his Champion's title, but we made a first step.
Here is the short video from the show. Enjoy!

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Congrats!! Not too bad for your 3rd day of ever showing!!!! :)

Reactions: Discoverer

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The biggest "drama" for these three days Oscar wasn't allowed to be off leash and get wet and dirty :), so the first thing after the show I took him out for two hours and he was crazy - zoomed around, swam in a lake, played with dogs, etc. He probably was the dirties dog in neighborhood, but absolutely happy. He's back to being self.

·
Mardovar Goldens
113 Posts
Congrats on your 1st show weekend. Sounds like Oscar had a good time. Have fun and enjoy these precious puppy times together.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Congrats! Good job and keep up the good work!

·
Dakota Katie River's Mom
1,684 Posts
Congratulations!! Deja used to do the same thing, the sit from obedience. I used her hand signal for stand as we stopped and she soon learned the difference. I'm sure Oscar will, too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts