Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RUUUUUFFFFFF!!!!
Sorry Grandmas Glenda and Anney, no 200 from me again. But I DID have fun but dad was not happy with me when I did the directed retrieve with the glove. He thought I was being TOO silly. I ask, how can you EVER be TOO silly? Oh well. He did say I was a little better on the heeling with the barking but I still have a long way to go in his eyes! It is just SOOOOoooooo hard to keep all four on the ground when he walks. It is SOOOoooo BORING and I am trying to make it more interesting. He said I did a nice job on the first directed jumping although the ring was small and I drifted into the corner on the "back" part. But I did the far jump just like he told me too. I guess I was ok on the moving stand and articles too. I guess you will have to take my word on ...
What? WHAT VIDEO? Who took a video?? No PLEASE don't show them!!! I promise I will be good NEXT time!! PROMISE and cross my paw, uuummmmm I mean heart!!
RUUUfffffmp! BUSTED!

Licks and nips

Oriana

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
I think Oriana is so sad & bored! She needs alittle more excitement in her life.
And I don't think she likes you much , Hank! LOL!

Really she is so cute who can fault her?

·
Registered
631 Posts
OMG I love it, tears are rolling down my cheeks from laughing so hard..trust me I am laughing with you. Has Lilli been e-mailing her how to act?

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
That was wonderful to watch, she's just as cute as can be!!
However....
I will NEVER again say I wish Tito had more enthusiasm in the ring (he's about a 180 degree from Oriana)!
Just curious, did the judge give that a qualifying score? She should have given it a 200 for entertainment value IMO!
I think Oriana should run BESIDE the car on the way to the next show! Wow, what a lot of energy!

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That was wonderful to watch, she's just as cute as can be!!
However....
I will NEVER again say I wish Tito had more enthusiasm in the ring (he's about a 180 degree from Oriana)!
Just curious, did the judge give that a qualifying score? She should have given it a 200 for entertainment value IMO!
I think Oriana should run BESIDE the car on the way to the next show! Wow, what a lot of energy!

No Q Barb. :no: We NQ'd on the directed retrieve (DR) (although she did pass the moving stand somehow :gotme:). We would have pointed out even if she did the DR due to all the barking (checked the scores and we were already at -30 without the DR). And this was a more CONTROLLED class than last weekend. :doh:

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
A serious question Hank. As much as I get a kick out of watching her, how do you plan to calm her down in the ring?

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A serious question Hank. As much as I get a kick out of watching her, how do you plan to calm her down in the ring?
At this point I am hoping it will get better with time. She did not do this in Open other than the slow and fast part of the heeling. Of course she does not do it in class.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Wow that is energy, Galore, I love the attitude..

I also was curious what kind of movie camera that you had, it was very crisp, and when you upload that did it take a long time to do as well?
I have an ancient movie camera, and would like to buy one. Your movie quality seemed very good.
Thanks.
HOw old is your girl?

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow that is energy, Galore, I love the attitude..

I also was curious what kind of movie camera that you had, it was very crisp, and when you upload that did it take a long time to do as well?
I have an ancient movie camera, and would like to buy one. Your movie quality seemed very good.
Thanks.
HOw old is your girl?

Thanks for the kind words!
the camera is a cheap Canon ZR80. I did upload it originally at the highest DV quality I could. To upload from camera, edit and save to laptop took about 20 minutes. Most of that time was "saving" the finished product. To upload to YouTube was about 10 minutes I guess.
As for her age she is 21 months.

·
Momma to angel Cody
5,044 Posts
Hank, you might want to forego feeding Oriana those Mexican jumping beans before her next show:) You had amazing control not to laugh out loud at that silly girl! You might want to take her on a five-mile run before her next performance....might take the edge off:)

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
Of course she doesn't do it in class. That would make it too easy to fix.
I have the same problem with Tito, but in the opposite direction. When we're in the show, if I'm nervous and/or he is, he drags his butt on the directed retrieve and on the articles, doing what I call the "death march". It's painful to watch. Of course, he doesn't do it in training. Everyone always gives me all these (unsought after) ideas how to "fix it", but I can't fix it when it doesn't happen!
A trainer that I work with says that dogs respond to stress in one of two ways, but the basic problem is the same. Either they drag if they're unsure, ala Tito, or they get over-stimulated and start to act silly, ala Oriana. Same problem, different look to it in the ring.
She is really a joy to watch, but I'm sure a handful to train.

At this point I am hoping it will get better with time. She did not do this in Open other than the slow and fast part of the heeling. Of course she does not do it in class.

·
Premium Member
18,595 Posts
That was honestly the most fun I've ever had watching an obedience competition!

·
They get it
4,446 Posts
Get that lovely girl in the field! With that kind of energy I bet she would rip it up! That was fun to watch, but I'll bet frustrating to live through. At 21 months she is awesome. I'm sure with time she will mellow (not too much though!) and make it through the class with all four feet on the ground. She is a cutie for sure (and I think she knows it).

·
Missing my sweet Oliver
225 Posts
Oh that was great. I smiled through the whole thing, she was having so much fun. It must have been frustrating for you at the time but I'm sure you are laughing now.

·
love my goofy goldens
2,431 Posts
She is a lovely girl - and a bundle of energy. Such enthusiasm! You show so much patience with her - lucky Oriana.

677 Posts
Of course she does not do it in class.
Of course she does not do it in class! (Do any of them do it in class??)

She has so much drive and desire to please! The video was a pleasure to watch. I am showing it to Casey...Mr. Laid Back could use a bit of Drive!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts