Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's his first birthday today, and I must admit I'm a little sad. I've been dreading this day for the last few weeks with the knowledge that he's not my little puppy anymore. :( I've been looking back at photos and videos from when he first came home and I still can't remember him ever being that small!

I remember when I first brought him home, I was thinking "he's bigger than I thought". I don't remember him ever growing except for the fact he wasn't so close to the ground every few weeks and he slowly lost his puppy fur. Now, I look back and it's like "so this is what my sweet little boy used to look like?!"

I love the fact that he can now jump up and down the bed by himself now. I love the fact his fur feels silkier and shines a lot more than his puppy fluff, I love the fact that he can bound and leap through the grass that hasn't been cut in a few weeks without having to worry he'll trip.

I miss the little barks he used to do whenever I brought the camera out. I miss his little curious cocking of his head whenever I would make a strange noise to get his attention. I even miss having an excuse to take him out every half an hour to an hour when I got him toilet trained just so I could praise him and make a big fuss. I do that nowdays, and he looks at me like I've lost my mind. Lol.

But anyway, happy birthday Ori. Mama loves you forever. Stay as sweet as you are. You'll always be my little boy.

Registered
Happy Birthday Ori. Welcome to the big boy club now. Just think even though he doesnt do alot of those cute puppy things, he will do so many things thru the years that just surprise you like that little puppy. I remember when my Beau was 11 years old and we went to the keys. He turned back into that puppy wanting to play in the water all the time.

Registered
Happy Birthday Ori - hope you have a great day

Hudson's girl
Happy (belated) Birthday Ori! I dreaded Hudsons 1st birthday too. I realized he was growing only because I couldn't pick him up and carry him around anymore. But many people on the forum told me that he would always be my baby and they were right. I don't think of him as almost 2. He is and always will be my puppy. Just like Ori will be for you:p:. Truthfully I miss him being a little fuzzy chunk but I'm having much more fun with him now than I did when he was a lil fluff:p:.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts