Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are thinking about adding another golden to our family. We have been looking at many breeders and this is one that is near our area. What do you think?

http://www.goldpawgoldens.com/

·
Registered
215 Posts
Looks great! I love the immaculate whelping box area! Everything seems to be in order. I would just check clearances on the sire and dam of whatever litter you are interested in, but otherwise they look great to me and beautiful dogs. I like these lines.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would go wherever to get the perfect pup but it would be nice to purchase locally.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
This Breeder looks wonderful to me as well. I think they have beautiful dogs, and all seems to be in very good order with their clearances, etc. I too, would check to be sure of the clearances on both the Sire and Dam. It is also good to see they offer a two year guarantee on the puppies health, another good indication of them standing behind their puppies.

·
Shoregold
670 Posts
The dogs look very nice. I would check and verify their clearances. Can find them on offa.org or don't see any listing of clearances. They do say on k9data that the one has prelims but that is not good enought for clearances. I would ask for copies and make sure they are ofa certified and eyes and hearts are from a certified doc not a regular vet. Good luck with your search.

·
I shoot, they fetch.
2,188 Posts
From what I know of Tammy she is thorough. It may simply be a case of her having done OVC clearances instead of OFA clearances. Lots of Canadian breeders do OVC since it is done in Ontario at the University of Guelph and will have those clearance certificates to show. The vet college has only recently started a database, so it is not as easy to verify stuff online. Just make sure that you see the certificates when you go for your visit.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
I have 2 Goldpaw girls, and have known Tammy for just a little over 3 years. I know for fact that Tammy does do all the clearances (hip/elbow, heart, and eye) on her dogs before breeding, copies of her clearances are available upon request, printed copies are included in her puppy care packages along with the Championship certificate, and photos of the sire and dam.
And yes most of her hip/elbow clearances are done through the OVC, occasionally she'll submit them to the OFA for the fair, good or excellent rating. She offers lifetime support and stands behind her contract 100%. Both of my Goldpaw girls have wonderful temperaments that are truly golden. Honestly I have nothing but GREAT things to say about Goldpaw :)
I know Tammy is planning for 1-2 litters late spring/early summer.. one of the litters may be with our Ritchie if all goes well with the clearances, the other litter I believe will be out of Bungee (Ritchie's mom).

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
The dogs look very nice. I would check and verify their clearances. Can find them on offa.org or don't see any listing of clearances. They do say on k9data that the one has prelims but that is not good enought for clearances. I would ask for copies and make sure they are ofa certified and eyes and hearts are from a certified doc not a regular vet. Good luck with your search.
Yes Landon has an OFA prelim, she submitted for the fair/good/excellent rating but his hips/elbows are OVC certified -
OVC link: http://www.ovc.uoguelph.ca/cfmx/hip-elbow/search/record/?ID=13769

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the replies. I value all of your opinions.

·
Registered
18,431 Posts
Congratulations, I'm so happy for you, what an absolute sweetheart, and thank you you've given me hope that one day even as the years go by I might have another one!.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Congratulations, I'm so happy for you, what an absolute sweetheart, and thank you you've given me hope that one day even as the years go by I might have another one!.
I hope you do too, Swishy. If you ever happen to pick a puppy from a breeder in The States, I will pick him up and personally fly him over The Pond to you. Wouldn't that be cool!:grin2:

·
Registered
18,431 Posts
I hope you do too, Swishy. If you ever happen to pick a puppy from a breeder in The States, I will pick him up and personally fly him over The Pond to you. Wouldn't that be cool!:grin2:
OMG, can you imagine, now that's got me thinking!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts