Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
OTCH Wannabes!
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at Dogwise right now, and I want to know if anyone has read the following books, and I want to get some opinions on them before i buy them...thanks!

Ring Ready-An Obedience Workbook-Marie Sawford
Choose To Hell-Dawn Jecs
Simply Scenting-Dawn Jecs
Successful Obedience Handling-Barbara Handler

·
OTCH Wannabes!
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have them all, well except for Choose to Hell but quite enjoyed Choose to Heel :)

They are all good.

Hahaha...that's funny! :p::p: So what does Dawn teach in her Choose to Heel program...I'm not familiar with it...

·
OTCH Wannabes!
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm...the thing is....Maddie is an independent dog. And We're trying to fix the heeling problems that she has now...which are very bad habits. (crabbing...not staying in position...no attention..etc.) I don't think that book is for me then...what can you tell me about the others?

·
OTCH Wannabes!
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I liked Marie Swaford's book. It's more of a problem solving book than a step by step training book than the others.
Hmm..is it like a proofing book?? Is it worth the 34 dollars??

Now I've got to think about this Choose to Heel book..lol. I think I might pass for now....and get it when I think I absoloutley need it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.