Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Murphees Mom
505 Posts
I have a boy now and had a girl, love em both but...... boys can really become "latchy" i don't think thats a real word., I think girls may be a little more independent.

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
My first golden was a female, and she was a sweet and loving dog indeed. Rusty was a much more challenging puppy than Ginger, but he is a sweet and loving golden too.

He won't leave my side, and I can't wait to get a female golden in the future. I want to wait a while, because Kerrie Ann my female Brittany might not like a new female added to the pack...so close in age haha. Kerrie Ann is a sweet heart, but she is the boss of the pack, and I hear female dogs tend to fight a lot more than the males etc

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
Boy...I've had both but prefer the males.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I like girls and only have girls but I would take a boy in a heartbeat

·
Esquire Golden Retrievers
4,429 Posts
One of each!

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
I've got to say, it depends on the pup. I have had both sexes that I know will be in my heart a lifetime. I've had cuddly girls, and cuddly boys. I've had independent girls, and independent boys. I really like having one of each!

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,000 Posts
I currently have one of each.

My girl Roxy is 9, she's a complete Daddy's girl.

My boy Remy will be 5 soon, he's a huge momma's boy.

My Bridge boy was totally bonded with my DH, he was his boy and went just about everywhere he did. If he couldn't go with him and was home with me, he spent most of that time looking for my DH.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I've had females, but would love to have a male, as well. (My lab is a male, and he is hysterically entertaining in all his goofy-ness!)

Both my females have been sweet loving dogs. I do find that they are less complacent, and more 'outspoken' if they don't approve of something that is happening, and by this I am referring to my other dogs. But, at the same time, my little ones would run all over her if she didn't stand up for herself!

Having said that, the most 'perfect' Golden I ever had the experience of spending time with was one of our own pups when we were breeding, who was purchased by our neighbor, and it was a male.

·
Living chew toy
711 Posts
Chloe is my first dog and she's a girl, and I wouldn't trade her for anyone, so GIRL for me. She's sweet, ladylike, and has just enough attitude to let me know when she's had enough cuddles and play. Like "MOM, ENUFF 'K?

21 - 33 of 33 Posts