Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
I like boys! My girl is very sweet, but my boy stole my heart! My girl seems more "needy". I also prefer the looks of a boy.
I've heard someone say that boys are "I love you, I love you" and girls are "Love me, love me". I'm sure this isn't always the case, but it sums up my two goldens. :) Having said all that - I love them both!

·
Registered
5,825 Posts
We are on our third boy--so BOY!!:D

·
Registered
7,648 Posts
Boy! He is such a perfect little goofball. One minute zooming, next minute cuddling.

·
Keisel & Miller's Mom
957 Posts
Boy - by far the best IMO! I've had a girl golden before my two boys.. was never as affectionate as they are. My boys will snuggle up beside me, where as my bridge girl - still as sweet would rather be on the floor by herself or near my feet.

·
AAARF!
2,216 Posts
I've had four female goldens and one male golden. I have to say I don't have a preference!

·
Luna and Lily's Dad
491 Posts
Girl! I have two girls and they are incredibly loveable, snuggly, sweet and smart.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
I always loved my boys, and my girls. I'm equal opportunity. How 'bout one of each? Just kidding!

·
KCGold
1,757 Posts
I had 3 of each which includes my two girls and one boy we have now! Love them all and have no preference....unless you are going to use them for hunting in harsh climates or for Geese. Male Golden's hold up better in cold ocean retrieving (which I never do) or handling large Canada Geese. Seems like our females have had more health issues, bladder infections, hormone problems (incontinence), etc. But not so much to avoid having the sweet disposition of our girls....

·
Registered
97 Posts
Girl :) Not sure if its true what they say about girls being more independent but Shelby certainly is! Cant comment on males as we have never owned one (maybe something for the future though!)

·
luv my goldens
481 Posts
I am going to say Boy. My male golden was such a love bug. Both my females it is all about them.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Girls for me....my Molly loves everyone and thinks she's a lap dog she's happiest when we are sat cuddling on the sofa with her.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts