Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from sunny Arizona,

I kinda did this backwards I posted in the Choosing a Puppy and Breeder section back in November without introducing myself. We had lost our Golden Sophie at the end of October and I was just searching around looking for help. I really appreciate all the information available through this forum.. There is so much more information out there than eleven years ago when we got our Sophie.

After looking around on the Internet and going to a couple of shows in Arizona I discovered this litter:
http://www.soxpups.com/ There was just something about this breeding and the reputation of the breeder that seemed to fit what I was hoping to find.

We will be getting a little girl from this litter the first week of February.

Attached is a copy of a picture Jackie Mertens sent us of the girl pups at eleven days.

Attachments

·
Winchestersonfieldville
1,328 Posts
How exciting for you! I love the sire of that litter. He's gorgeous! Can't wait to see individual puppy pictures of yours!

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Congratulations on the soon to be new addition. You must be very excited. Nothing like a golden puppy to help fill that hole in your heart.

·
Tucker - Tanner - Cooper
1,624 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. I am sorry for your loss of Sophie. I lost my Tucker Jan. 29, 2009. He was my heart dog. March 09 we picked up Cooper. I helps to bring a little furball into your life - it did us. In ways our Cooper looks and acts just like Tuck did - we think he sent him to us ! :) I am glad you found what you were looking for. Can't wait to see pictures !

Play hard , sleep soft at the bridge sweet Sophie !

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
I swear that must be one of the most popular litters ever bred. I have heard of so many people that looked into that litter! (including myself)

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Welcome to the forum,
I am so sorry for your loss of Sophie, but I am glad you are bringing another pup into your life. They dont replace the one you lost, just help to lessen the pain and bring happiness back into your home.

Have you picked out a name for the puppy yet?

·
A.k.a. Jennifer.
230 Posts
The dam is a dreamy redhead & I have heard wonderful things about Topbrass goldens. We will look forward to seeing photos of your little darling.

Sorry for the loss of your Sophie. I love her name.

·
Registered
175 Posts
;) I should be getting a male from the same litter. Lost my setter Jack this summer and it's time for a new dog. It's been 15+ years since I had a pup- long enough I'm even looking forward to potty training!

Your 'balance' thread turned me on to the breeding. We'll have to compare notes once we get the babies home.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi rob1

Sorry i did not acknowledge your posting. I'm still trying to get the hang of this forum thing. We are driving out to Florida to pick up the pup. We are getting a female. It will be a long trip from Arizona but we are treating it as a vacation. (maybe not so on the way home).

looking forward to comparing notes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts