Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Loving goldens since '95
7,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it seems it was another good turn out for the meet up yesterday at Miller Ave Park! (Sorry that Molson and I couldn't make it!)

Ideas for the next meet are being thrown around like crazy so let's put them all in one place to decide on a date and place!

I'm going to first suggest October 24 or 25th to see what everyone's availability is like.

I heard that someone had suggested an outdoor place in Milton. How does that work for everyone?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I absolutely always prefer outdoors, but I also suggested a indoor facility in Miss., the only benefits are it would be completely private and weather would not be a factor.
If we know where the Milton place is Noah and I can check it out by doing a drive by, we are out there a lot. I added the post regarding the indoor place to the last post under Ontario Meet up part 2, .......you're way ahead of me.

·
Mom to Bailey & Burgundy
4,217 Posts
The weekend of October 24/25 is perfect for us Steph! Hopefully that date works for everyone! Dewy - please do check out the cost to rent the facility for the afternoon...if it's not too steep that is a definite possibility!

I'm hoping PB&J chimes in here regarding the dog park she was talking about in Milton. Apparently is it NOT a busy park - so it might be a good location as well. More details to come soon I am sure!

·
Loving goldens since '95
7,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What's the name of the indoor place? I wouldn't mind checking it out, do they have a website?

I also prefer the outdoors while we still can, however I think it would be great to have a private place for our group too. I said in the other thread as well that maybe we could save that one for the mid-winter months when our doggies are all in desparate need of a big place to run around and play without freezing their paws off, but if everyone else is in favour of trying it out now, then I am game for it by all means!

·
Registered
165 Posts
What's the name of the indoor place? I wouldn't mind checking it out, do they have a website?

I also prefer the outdoors while we still can, however I think it would be great to have a private place for our group too. I said in the other thread as well that maybe we could save that one for the mid-winter months when our doggies are all in desparate need of a big place to run around and play without freezing their paws off, but if everyone else is in favour of trying it out now, then I am game for it by all means!

I already posted in the other thread, but I think Dewy meant Doggie Central from the way it was described.

Here's the website http://www.doggiecentral.ca/

·
Registered
45 Posts
Right again

fameb is right it is Doggie Central, it's at the 427 and Dundas. I know people that have had breed parties (Chihuahua's does that count?) and they said it was good. They had a Havanese party there but my Hav, Scout wouldn't go cause he's convinced he's a MASTIFF.

To reiterate the website is doggiecentral.ca

I will talk to Leslie, the owner this week and find out the cost and how it works, the only other thing is, we would have to work around there schedule of play groups and dog training so we may not be able to do 11m on a weekend it may have to be 2 or 3pm when I review the schedule but I will find out.

·
Registered
165 Posts
fameb is right it is Doggie Central, it's at the 427 and Dundas. I know people that have had breed parties (Chihuahua's does that count?) and they said it was good. They had a Havanese party there but my Hav, Scout wouldn't go cause he's convinced he's a MASTIFF.

To reiterate the website is doggiecentral.ca

I will talk to Leslie, the owner this week and find out the cost and how it works, the only other thing is, we would have to work around there schedule of play groups and dog training so we may not be able to do 11m on a weekend it may have to be 2 or 3pm when I review the schedule but I will find out.
Awesome! I really liked that place.

I'm up for pitching up to any amount. Mainly because Yogi's one year old birthday is on October 31st, so it would be a hell of a birthday present for him lol.

·
Mom to Bailey & Burgundy
4,217 Posts
Awesome! I really liked that place.

I'm up for pitching up to any amount. Mainly because Yogi's one year old birthday is on October 31st, so it would be a hell of a birthday present for him lol.

Awww, Bailey's second birthday is October 17th! We could do a little birthday party for them!! I'm sure all of the dogs would have no issues with eating some pup-cakes!

If we get enough interest, I'm sure it won't be too much per family...

·
Registered
189 Posts
We'll hopefully be able to attend the Miss location, although Milton would be too far for the kids to drive. But don't let that influence your decision, if we miss this one, we'll make the next one! Especially if it's a secure location.

L.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The owner is going to call me around 3'oclock with the price and other details, the manager let me know that there is already a pug party scheduled on the 24th, so we may have to be somewhat flexible with our dates...............

·
Loving goldens since '95
7,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well the 24th is a Saturday, perhaps they have the Sunday available? Or, depending on how long/what time the pug party is scheduled for, we could try for before or afterwards - maybe a late afternoon or mid-morning timeslot?

·
Registered
776 Posts
october 24 or 25 are good for us we would also be interested in going and if it's the indoor place we don't mind pitching in some money....we will go to whatever meet ups we can go to over the winter depending on our swim meet schedule...i will keep my eye on the thread to find out info lol....

·
Mom to Bailey & Burgundy
4,217 Posts
I was thinking that October weather usually isn't too bad - should we wait for the winter time to book the indoor facility? Once we know the pricing, and if it isn't too bad - we could meet up there all winter!

I'd be down for one more outdoor meet before the cold weather hits!

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
BIGDAWG & I (& Nyg, Razz & May) do plan on getting to one of the Ontario meets but that date doesn't work for us. Razz is entered @ the Belleville show for the whole weekend.

As well, the meets keep moving further & further away from us. It would be about a 4 hour drive for us :doh::doh: (each way!)

·
Registered
45 Posts
So here's what I found out.........

It's more costly than I thought, but for a 2 hour private party the rental cost is $150.00. They do have an opening on October 24th, but it would need to be 2:30 after the dog training concludes at 2pm (the pug party is Sunday). , It's for 2 hours. We are permitted to bring in food and drinks, they have tables they can supply and they will put out agility equipment if we want.
For those of us close enough they are having a Golden Meet Up one Wednesday evening in October, she didn't remember the date and so she is emailing me tonight. Pplease let me know if you are close enough and I will email you the date for the Wedneday night meet up.

·
Loving goldens since '95
7,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It's more costly than I thought, but for a 2 hour private party the rental cost is $150.00. They do have an opening on October 24th, but it would need to be 2:30 after the dog training concludes at 2pm (the pug party is Sunday). , It's for 2 hours. We are permitted to bring in food and drinks, they have tables they can supply and they will put out agility equipment if we want.
For those of us close enough they are having a Golden Meet Up one Wednesday evening in October, she didn't remember the date and so she is emailing me tonight. Pplease let me know if you are close enough and I will email you the date for the Wedneday night meet up.
Further to dewy's response, the owner also replied to my e-mail saying that the date for the Golden Retriever day is Wednesday October 7th, but didn't say what time.

It's fairly close for me so if anyone else from here wants to go to that one, I'm in!

As far as the facility rental for the 24th, I thought it would be more than $150, so as long as we could find enough people to keep it to about $15-20 per family, I am ok with that.

Also in reponse to Melissa's post, I am kind of hoping for another outdoor meet before the snow hits. October weather really isn't that bad. Maybe we could push the indoor meet to late November and find a new outdoor park to try for meet #3? Anyone else agree?

·
Registered
165 Posts
That's not too bad. If 10 of us come it's $15 per family, if 15 of us come then it's $10 per family. If we get even more it'll be even less. It sucks that it's only for 2 hours, but that's enough time to have fun.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts